Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Blue sky's AT LAST!

Default Blue sky's AT LAST!

Evening all,
    I went to Perris on Friday the 6th and had a pretty good day, at first I was kinda thinking due to the full moon that there would be some possible activity around noon and there was. The water temp was 58, good visibility to 8 ft, with initial light winds that picked up to around 8ish mph at around 2pm. The fish were stacked at a couple of locations, of course the trench and out deep at another location and when I mean stacked I'm talking up to 100 fish schools, insane! Well I ran my JDS-13's right through those schools many times for nada. Then around ten-ish I changed it up,what I like to do when they are not responding to the trout bait is run a little 3inch hand painted JDS-13 perris punisher right thru those schools, and it was on like donkey kong. Two fat 3 1/2's came aboard in a heart-beat. The bit cool off quick and off to the trench I go, I see a guy trolling over at the trench just ripping that rod and and catching some bass, cool! a fellow troller, I give him room and watch him catch a nice bass and I go out deeper, a minute later I'm hooked up to a toad I get her in and its a 9.15. I forgot my needle to deflate her and then this troller comes up to assist, mikes his name and cool dude at that, im looking at his boat as im pulled up next to it and the the best description of the boat would be, the trophy bass boat death star, it had all the cool stuff and then some, not pretty but it screamed monster bass catching machine, not gonna say what I saw, i'm just gonna go with G14 classified. After a good release I continue trolling my little bait for another good one that went 7.12, that place cooled down and went to a wreck that produced a 5.3. I end up snagging and losing that bait, unfortunately I only brought one of those baits so I was SOL. I had to leave early to get to a dinner party so I decided to hit the trench up one more time and get out of town, out comes the trout bait through the trench area and bingo a monster hook-up, its fighting hard as hell as I work it to the boat BAM! net it and its a beast, (Rocky moment) put in the well and hall --- to the boat dock get a weight 11.11 and just a tad over 27in, cool day totally blessed and ready to do it again, only bummer was my vehical crapped out on the way home so until I get another or get mine fixed I'll be side line for a minute. It's all good i'll be back.

Tight lines
    JDS-13

Sorry no pics this sight will not let me upload at this time!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FEB8BEAST 009.jpg 
Views:	351 
Size:	49.6 KB 
ID:	45765Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FEB8BEAST 005.jpg 
Views:	317 
Size:	34.1 KB 
ID:	45766Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FEB8BEAST 008.jpg 
Views:	316 
Size:	37.1 KB 
ID:	45767

JDS13,

Super nice fish! Why to go. It sounds like you worked it well! By chance to you sell those swimbaits?

Way to slay out there JDS13. Looks like you're on to something with those baits you're making...

Great report, thanks!

Very nice looking bass.......where are these spots located?? The trench, and the wreckage.....I think it was.

Yes the trench is over by sail cove about 100 yds off shore usaually boats are sitting right on top of it and the wrecks are boats that have sunk and they provide ambush spots for bass, I think altogether I have located about 25 wrecks some better than others, and also one day one wreck is good the next its not, just got to look around until you find some active fish. Some wrecks are as shallow as 5 ft some are 40 ft, just got to put the time in on the water and you will find them. Its taken me about three years to find those 25 spots.

Big fatties - awesome!