Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 2/6/15 Fishing Report

Default 2/6/15 Fishing Report

Headed out to Irvine towing a boat for the first time ever as well as launching with the help from one of the guides at the west shore. After launching the boat successfully we stayed at the west shore near the buoys since the shore fishing action seemed very good. Caught a couple rainbows on nightcrawlers and the rest were caught on mini jigs near the buoy line. Was disappointed with the size of trout we caught on jigs, they were smaller then DFG stockers. It was a good experience overall though, learning how to launch my own boat was quite fun.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo (10).JPG 
Views:	214 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	45760fished on the third on my birthday didnt see a trout caught that was under two pounds if dfw is stocking fish over two pounds parks here i come
    Last edited by fish hunt; 02-07-2015 at 07:11 PM.

Congrats on the boat. Glad you had a good time. What color jigs and what depth were you fishing?

Quote Originally Posted by fish hunt View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo (10).JPG 
Views:	214 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	45760fished on the third on my birthday didnt see a trout caught that was under two pounds if dfw is stocking fish over two pounds parks here i come
    Fish hunt, those two trout in your photo look under two pounds. Certainly, nothing of size.

weight at the scale 2.09 and 2.5 by the digital scale at the office yes they are not anything to write home about truth be told these were some of the smaller fish yes I caught smaller fish and less than most people that day, im glad georatm had a good time with his boat .
    I fished before the stocking so maybe comparison of apples and oranges next week should be a whole new ball game with fish from another source good luck go getem

Quote Originally Posted by fish hunt View Post
    weight at the scale 2.09 and 2.5 by the digital scale at the office yes they are not anything to write home about truth be told these were some of the smaller fish yes I caught smaller fish and less than most people that day, im glad georatm had a good time with his boat .
    I fished before the stocking so maybe comparison of apples and oranges next week should be a whole new ball game with fish from another source good luck go getem
    Yes, I think the Tailwalkers will be on the average much bigger, and they will put up a good fight. Can't wait! :)