Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Carpinteria

Default Carpinteria

Fished Carpinteria again yesterday for about 90 mins. Good conditions, a little salad. Hooked 4 and landed 2. The two I actually landed put up a good fight for smaller models. I did have an interesting thing happen to me. I was wading back into shore and noticed a lot of deeper troughs just a few feet from the sand. As I was wading through one I saw a large halibut clear as day just in front of me. He took off as I spooked him. I thought I would try a few casts into the trough and low and behold he hit. Would have been my largest hali from the surf and I literally hooked him about 6 feet from where I was standing. Put up a great fight for about 10 mins and as I was rolling him up onto shore it came unbuttoned. Bummer, but it was an awesome feeling to feel the power of such a beautiful fish. It was definitely surprising to find most of my bites and both fish I landed in knee deep water or less. Barring the weather over the next couple of days I will be out there as much as work and family allows. Until next time!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GetAttachment.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	7.8 KB 
ID:	45758  

Thumbs up

Oh man, what a heartbreak, but it will keep you coming back for sure.
    You'll get that PB next time...
    Keep up the great job out there. I haven't even caught my first surf fish this year yet. lol

Great story but with a sad ending...you'll get another chance...it's crazy how shallow fish feed sometimes.