Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

View Poll Results: Which party do you plan to vote for?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Democratic

3 11.11%
  • Republican

17 62.96%
  • Libertarian

2 7.41%
  • Green

0 0%
  • Constitution

1 3.70%
  • Other

1 3.70%
  • Not Voting

3 11.11%
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The OFFICIAL 2016 United States Presidential Election Thread - Sponsored by Diebold

Default The OFFICIAL 2016 United States Presidential Election Thread - Sponsored by Diebold

Well now, given today's political headlines (see my follow-up post), I feel there is no time like the present to get this ball rolling.

I've included only political parties in which 50% of voters saw their candidate's name on the ballot in the 2012 presidential election.

Intelligent exchanges, heated debates, baseless predictions, wild speculation, inane mouth-breathing, and all other manners of tomfoolery are encouraged. There is no need to vote now - you have until the election to cast your vote in this poll.

Please refrain from TL:DR treatises, and simply link them if you must use other people's words to express your own thoughts.

Let's get it on!
    Last edited by Lady Quagga; 02-03-2015 at 06:09 PM.

And it looks like I'll be scratching the junior Senator for Kentucky off my list early......

Rand Paul does a lot of interviews -- a lot. This, from time to time, has gotten him in trouble. Rarely, though, has it gone as poorly as this.

Speaking Monday afternoon with CNBC, Paul:

1) Reiterated his contention that vaccines should be voluntary.

2) Said this: "I have heard of many tragic cases of walking, talking, normal children who wound up with profound mental disorders after vaccines." (Michele Bachmann said something similar during the 2012 presidential campaign. It didn't go over well.)

3) Actually shushed the anchor when he thought she wasn't allowing him to answer her questions.

4) Concluded the interview with this, after being asked whether he planned to run for president:

"Part of the problem is, you end up having interviews like this, where the interview is so slanted and full of distortions that you don't get useful information. I think this is what's bad about TV sometimes. So frankly, I think if we do this again, you need to try to start out with a little more objectivity going into the interview."
    Link
    Last edited by Lady Quagga; 02-03-2015 at 03:54 PM.

You should've added that "copy/paste" is not allowed. Worst thing is people getting into discussions with other peoples' thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    You should've added that "copy/paste" is not allowed. Worst thing is people getting into discussions with other peoples' thoughts.
    Consider it done.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    And it looks like I'll be scratching the junior Senator for Kentucky off my list early......
    Yup, he's done and should be. Not only for the vaccine stance but more importantly for the condescending shutdown of the interviewer. I was never even a closet fan of his father, just seemed much more fringe than Libertarian, and it looks like the apple didn't fall too far from the Paul tree. Trouble is, he will likely garner enough votes to split the Republican voters and open the door for a Hillary victory.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    He was on your list?

Was that list entitled Most Likely To Claim Vaccinations Cause Mental Disorders in Children Because He Speaks From Experience?

How about Trey ? Could he make a run ?

With all the Republican bashing this thread is currently doing and designed for, it must be a foregone conclusion Hillary wins the Nom.

Barely one mention of her so far.

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    With all the Republican bashing this thread is currently doing and designed for, it must be a foregone conclusion Hillary wins the Nom.

Barely one mention of her so far.
    Rand Paul should be upbraided for his remarks. At a time when Republicans must have ONE candidate who can win, the party doesn't need a legitimate nominee (at least he was before Monday's CNBC interview) displaying boardinghouse manners and fringe views. This very early point in the race is when stuff like this should come to light and I for one am glad it did because it hopefully turned party heads away from Rand Paul. Hopefully Paul realizes this if it ever comes time to toss his hat into the ring and he pulls it over his face instead, leaving the voters one less party-splitting choice at the polls.
    I just hope the Republicans can get that one, right person and when they do find him or her, they pull off the gloves and fight to win.

I think Romney would have won last time had he fought.

Instead he played Mr. Nice guy grocery manager and lost.

After that first debate where he had Obama stumbling he softened and Obama got fierce. The momentum shifted.

Hillary was supposed to be the nominee in 2008, but that didn't happen did it?

I'm not sure she will be in 2016. I'm not saying there is someone ready to take her down, but I think the anti Hillary crowd is way to close to 50%

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast