Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Fishing Sequoia National Park in the snow...[video from trip]

1. Default Fishing Sequoia National Park in the snow...[video from trip]

Recently fished Sequoia National Park. Absolutely stunning scenery! The creeks are flowing well as well; sadly, I couldn't get a bite! The snow and trees made for a nice video though:

Very nice video. Did they get a freak snow storm before the season closed this year? That's as much snow as is on the ground right now on the Sierra summit snow measuring sites.

I'm gonna guess you were fishing just outside the park boundaries but still at altitude -- Beautiful video, makes the fishing almost secondary when it's that gorgeous outside.

It's unbelievable how little snow there is in the sierras right now. There should be FEET of snow, and there's only inches. I saw a picture of Rock Creek and it looked just like this -- should be buried under a ton of snow by now. And what little snow did fall is already starting to run off.

Gonna be a tough year in the Sierras.
    Last edited by shinbob; 02-03-2015 at 08:29 AM.

4. Default

Not sure about the timing of the snow---this was up by the Marble Fork of Kaweah, definitely within the park boundaries.

Guess the point really was the timing of the trip and the close of the fishing season. Knowing you, I suspect fishing season was still open.

I believe that the Kaweah and its tributaries are open all year Viejo.

Very cool. Figured as much.