Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swimmers and jet skis at DVL and Skinner?

Default Swimmers and jet skis at DVL and Skinner?

Just read the Saturday Press Enterprise. Looks like a move is afoot to open both lakes to the lice crowd. Can you imagine the wakes being made on a little body like Skinner? Not to mention the crowd at the little ramp. I guess they could open ramp 2. But since Skinner has a real campground the new crowd would be pretty daunting. Can you say diaper dump?

That would suck.
    Pretty crazy, as DVL is a "no bodily contact" lake as it is for "drinking water", now, oh it's ok don't worry about it.

But......the allowance of the lice at Perris and Castaic seem to make these waters untouchable WRT recreation.
    Amazing to me how Perris is staying open during the seismic retrofit of the dam. Pretty big project with health and safety issues, and I think the entire recreational community is keeping it open....lice and fisherman alike.

Allow it to be like San diego lakes float tubes and kayaks with waders

Just another SCARETACTIC to get the fishing public up in arms and spend more money to extend several more ramps and DO IT RIGHT this time out.

Dsrt Trtse

If they did this it's not about water quality. It's all about money. At Skinner they would have to raise the speed limit to about 40 mph. Jet and water skiers aren't going to be able to run at 10 mph. This of course would render Lake Skinner useless for launching and fishing since the ramp and lake are so small. Most Jet and water skiers are known to have to much alcohol while their running which would be a very dangerous situation on a small body of water. Look at Lake Perris. I hear it's a zoo on that lake. But I have never been there so is this true. Hopefully the water district is not going to let this happen. But money could be the driving force. Any comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Harley51 View Post
    If they did this it's not about water quality. It's all about money. At Skinner they would have to raise the speed limit to about 40 mph. Jet and water skiers aren't going to be able to run at 10 mph. This of course would render Lake Skinner useless for launching and fishing since the ramp and lake are so small. Most Jet and water skiers are known to have to much alcohol while their running which would be a very dangerous situation on a small body of water. Look at Lake Perris. I hear it's a zoo on that lake. But I have never been there so is this true. Hopefully the water district is not going to let this happen. But money could be the driving force. Any comments.
    I don't think Skinner will ever allow lake lice, too small, too dangerous. DVL is another story, the public was sold on its recreational potential long before it was built. Many of the promised rec ops never materialized due to the market crash and it was a matter of time before this came back. But I wouldn't hold my breath as investment money is still leery about California with it's onerous regulations and mandates, and its high taxes. Regardless of what the media and politicians say, the real estate market is still in the tank and so is Cali's job market. The average Joe middle class doesn't have the free and clear play money that it used to have.

You are correct regarding Perris. On warm spring and summer days, that lake is a nightmare and there are some very rude and obnoxious lake lice there. They have the ocean, Elsinore, Perris, Puddingstone, the river and its impoundments, why can't the anglers have DVL and Skinner in peace?
    Last edited by HawgZWylde; 02-01-2015 at 04:44 PM.

I totally agree. Lake Lice I never heard that term but fits well. I use to fish Piru all the time many years ago and what drove me to Skinner was the lake lice. Skinner may be a very hard lake to fish at times. But the quiet fishing times makes all the difference. I've strickley fished Skinner for the last 20 years and no where else. Can't find a better place.

Quote Originally Posted by Harley51 View Post
    I totally agree. Lake Lice I never heard that term but fits well. I use to fish Piru all the time many years ago and what drove me to Skinner was the lake lice. Skinner may be a very hard lake to fish at times. But the quiet fishing times makes all the difference. I've strickley fished Skinner for the last 20 years and no where else. Can't find a better place.
    Yup, Skinner can be tough but it sure can reward you if your there at the right time. I fished Skinner regularly for years prior to DVL opening up, and went back to Skinner during the last DVL draw-down that stopped private boat launching. Fishing DVL during the week all these years has spoiled me as there is usually less than a handful of boats on the water. I can fish all day and never be anywhere near anybody else. I can't imagine what's to come if this proposal indeed becomes law...

Quote Originally Posted by HawgZWylde View Post
    Yup, Skinner can be tough but it sure can reward you if your there at the right time. I fished Skinner regularly for years prior to DVL opening up, and went back to Skinner during the last DVL draw-down that stopped private boat launching. Fishing DVL during the week all these years has spoiled me as there is usually less than a handful of boats on the water. I can fish all day and never be anywhere near anybody else. I can't imagine what's to come if this proposal indeed becomes law...
    I know what's to become if this proposal indeed becomes Law......Fist fights and alot of flatten tires!!!

Quote Originally Posted by noleash View Post
    I know what's to become if this proposal indeed becomes Law......Fist fights and alot of flatten tires!!!
    The place is going to get mobbed for sure. Can you imagine the lines to get in? Funny you mention flattened tires, there's a tire ad in your post...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast