Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: ???might shut down dvl?

Quote Originally Posted by Dsrt Tortise View Post
    F##K IT

I want to fish on a QUIET lake Let the water lice stay at Perris and Silverwood....

Dsrt. Trtse

If you want a quiet lake then you have to go to another state. I used to fish the waterways in northwest Arkansas/southern Missouri area for a week and only see 5 people the whole time.

Spent two weeks last year in So Carolina at my ex business partners home on Lake Greenwood. Absolutely no boat traffic to bother the fishing when the lakes are as big as they are in So Carolina. http://www.southcarolinalakes.net/Home_Page.php

And you might just be surprised what you can buy comparable to California lake front property. http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...3-14785?row=73

Last edited by DEVOREFLYER; 02-07-2015 at 08:25 AM.

My dad is now full-timing it at his lake house at the Lake of the Ozarks. While on holiday weekends and occasionally in the heat of the summer there's boat traffic, the lake is so dang big it doesn't matter. And when it's cool/cold it's pretty much a ghost town. I absolutely love it there.

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRod View Post
    Rental Brigade 2.0
    Hahahhhahahahaha.

Yah, for freshwater fishing we are fighting battles others have no clue about. I spent summers in Minnesota for about 20 years. Land of 10,000 lakes (actually 13,000) makes for a little more fishing opportunity with less congestion then say socal fishing. I tell locals up there about lakes in socal with fences around them, entrance fees, and opening and closing times. Im not sure they believe me. I suspect if I lived up there I might lose my mind...................SO MANY FISH, SO LITTLE TIME. Of course, when I retire in 11 years or so................Im gonna give it my best shot up there.

It would be great if at least one of you guys who has been fishing recently would actually post a fish report. Lots of fishermen Sat and Sun (what I heard), and not one report? This website has really fallen off from what it used to be...

People are actually still fishing out at DVL???? I figured everyone was on shore huddled up discussing whether or not it will stay open or close and taking bets on the day.

Ill be honest, most of the action on the DVL forum here is just talk and conjecture. Not much in the way of reporting anything. Which means one of two things......... guys are tearing the heck out of the fish and keeping it hush/hush to milk the bite for as long as possible on the down low...or.....the bite stinks and it aint worth reporting anything.

Went this past Saturday morning to do some bass fishing from shore but wound up fishing for trout. They were biting consistently at the first little cove right next to the ramp/docks all morning up until the time I left which was about 2:30 p.m. They were hitting tube jigs (light grey/green) and power bait (was using chartreuse). Everyone was having fun. The bite was on supposedly because of the plant they had there on Thursday. Supposedly the stripers will have taken most of the trout within 2 days of the plant so I'm not sure how it'll be from this point forward.

Quote Originally Posted by ddoskocil View Post
    It would be great if at least one of you guys who has been fishing recently would actually post a fish report. Lots of fishermen Sat and Sun (what I heard), and not one report? This website has really fallen off from what it used to be...
    Went to dvl saturday and boy was it packed!!! Line of cars went all the way to domenigoni rd. 3 bass clubs there, and were prefishing for Sunday's tourney. Bite was alright still caught 6, even tho there were 3 boats on every point. Bass still in the 25-30ft mark but I did see a couple start to come up towards shore in the rocks by the quarry. Fish are there jus a lot pressure with hundreds of boats.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast