Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ???might shut down dvl?

If they open it up to camping and water contact sports WHO IS GOING TO PICK UP THEIR TRASH....I will ...Then haul it over to Sen Jeff Stones vantastic home on the hill and DUMP it on his front yard! Then he could see what a wonderfull thing he did for his district and the nature preserve around Diamond Vally Lake!

Quote Originally Posted by carpanglerdude View Post
    COOL? There is NOTHING cool about it!! You have posted vids about how COOL the general public is to some of the most sacred areas in So Cal and anyone who frequents Lake Perris knows...fishing in COOL can be very disturbing...steping over trash and discarted dirty diapers, lake lice, modern art deplicting social illnesSes...and well...absolute discusting attributes of the digital age we live in! You know...No respect for anything except ones need for self gratification and own personal agendas. Well here is my personal agenda .... Save what will soon become one of the last unmolested >by the public< open lands in So Cal so people can enjoy Diamond Vally Lake just as MWD has created the standard that SHOULD NOT become compromised! PETITIONS and SOON to save DVL!!!:

I hated El Cap. While focusing on catching my fatty, bunch of reckless ski and jet boat blasting thru with distracting loud noises. Now my local favorite dvl is going to allow this? Oh great!

Guys....DVL is not going to close. MWD will not allow the water to go lower than the ramp. They will draw down the water a bit for the spawn...as they do every year. But thats it.

I believe thats the agreement they made when the ramp was extended....

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    Guys....DVL is not going to close. MWD will not allow the water to go lower than the ramp. They will draw down the water a bit for the spawn...as they do every year. But thats it.

Sorry Storm but you are wrong on this one. State mandates will over-ride any agreements made by MWD due to continuing drought conditions. They can and will draw it down to the point where the east end will literally be high and dry...

I highly doubt that.

No way MWD is going to purchase expensive å$s water to make sure fisherman can launch. Fiscally, that's almost impossible.

Anybody have an approximation on when the End of Days for launching may take place? I'm dusting off the ole baitcasters.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    I highly doubt that.

No way MWD is going to purchase expensive å$s water to make sure fisherman can launch. Fiscally, that's almost impossible.

Anybody have an approximation on when the End of Days for launching may take place? I'm dusting off the ole baitcasters.
    It's not a matter of buying expensive water, where would that water come from? The estimate is if we get no substantial rain, or snow-pack, sometime between mid and the end of spring.

And why the h*ll are you baitcasters dusty? Shame...

Quote Originally Posted by HawgZWylde View Post
    It's not a matter of buying expensive water, where would that water come from? The estimate is if we get no substantial rain, or snow-pack, sometime between mid and the end of spring.

And why the h*ll are you baitcasters dusty? Shame...
    I agree with all of what you guys are saying. But the creation of DVL came with certain stipulations about ensuring recreational use. The last time DVL closed to private launches there was going to be a suit filed. I do remember that. To avoid said action the agreement was made to extend the ramp with the agreement that the water would never again be drawn down below the new extension.

This was what I was told at the time. Im not sure how accurate it is though. I don't believe DVL is going to close.

I don't believe DVL is going to close.
    You don't believe the launch ramp will close, or you don't believe the entire lake will close?

I agree with all of what you guys are saying. But the creation of DVL came with certain stipulations about ensuring recreational use. The last time DVL closed to private launches there was going to be a suit filed. I do remember that. To avoid said action the agreement was made to extend the ramp with the agreement that the water would never again be drawn down below the new extension.

This was what I was told at the time. Im not sure how accurate it is though. I don't believe DVL is going to close.
    Well, I was told by one of the marina guys that they were going to add the already poured slabs that are sitting behind the store, of course that can only go so far. If we don't get rain or snow the state will over-ride any agreements made to any groups by emergency mandate and the lake will be drawn down to the point where the east end will nearly cease to exist which at that point DS, I'm sure the lake will completely close...

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast