Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: ???might shut down dvl?

Quote Originally Posted by HawgZWylde View Post
    ... the lake will be drawn down to the point where the east end will nearly cease to exist which at that point DS, I'm sure the lake will completely close...
    Betcha 50 bucks that even if the water level does come back up in the future, it'll become Lake Matthews II - The Electric Boogaloo

Quote Originally Posted by carpanglerdude View Post
    i actually can see the point that this guy is making in his bill he wants to pass or whatever it is, i just don't see why it has to include body contact and jet ski's. if the MWD had promised boat slips and golf courses as part of them making DVL then they should be held accountable for what was promised. i just don't see where they said they were going to allow things like jet boats and sea doos. that would suck for sure but i really don't think it would be much of an issue. coming from the colorado river originally (the home of lake/river lice) if there are no sand bars or beaches they won't come out. there are stretches of the river where you won't see seedoo's all day because of just that. why go to DVL with no where to beach when you can go to perris and they have an entire island dedicated to it? they can't just sit and float when they are tired of riding. boats is a different story but as long as they don't have to lift the motor requirements then, actually, nothing much will really change at the lake other being able to jump in when it is hot in the middle of summer. I really don't think it will be as bad, if it were to pass, as some may seem.

Quote Originally Posted by HawgZWylde View Post
    And why the h*ll are you baitcasters dusty? Shame...
    I got into a new hobby (philandering) last year.

Bring it on. I'm all for PWC's and Body Contact. Body contact would allow float tubers and sit on top kayaks to be allowed in addition to wake boarders and yadda yadda yadda.

Think about it:

More revenue will keep the lake alive. Frankly as it sits, DVL is a sinking ship as long as people continue to not support it like they used to. Everyone has a gripe saying the lake is horrible, staff is bad, fishing sucks. No different than a mom and pop store. If the masses don't support them; business closes. Easy to figure out.

More business to Hemet and surrounding areas. Be real. Why come out to Hemet if you don't have to?

Potential recreation areas. Camp grounds, parks and picnic areas.

People have a tendency to cry when change needs to be made. Yes I'm not thrilled about the fact of hearing whiny jet ski motors buzzing around the lake, but it's a price I'm willing to pay in order to keep the lake from dying. It's not going to affect the fishing but rather have the possibility of improving it. I could go into detail but I really don't care to.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Magnone View Post
    Bring it on. I'm all for PWC's and Body Contact. Body contact would allow float tubers and sit on top kayaks to be allowed in addition to wake boarders and yadda yadda yadda.

Think about it:

More revenue will keep the lake alive. Frankly as it sits, DVL is a sinking ship as long as people continue to not support it like they used to. Everyone has a gripe saying the lake is horrible, staff is bad, fishing sucks. No different than a mom and pop store. If the masses don't support them; business closes. Easy to figure out.

More business to Hemet and surrounding areas. Be real. Why come out to Hemet if you don't have to?

Potential recreation areas. Camp grounds, parks and picnic areas.

People have a tendency to cry when change needs to be made. Yes I'm not thrilled about the fact of hearing whiny jet ski motors buzzing around the lake, but it's a price I'm willing to pay in order to keep the lake from dying. It's not going to affect the fishing but rather have the possibility of improving it. I could go into detail but I really don't care to.
    very true. i would rather have seadoos and jet ski's with an open lake than a closed lake nobody can use.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    I got into a new hobby (philandering) last year.

DarkShadow, I know you're the most clever person on this website. So when you do something a little odd, I know it's was deliberate. Just in case someone wants to repeat something they learned here on FNN. The study or collecting of stamps is called Philately. Philandering for the mouth breathers means, "making love insincerely." We wouldn't want little Johnny to go to school and tell his class mates is uncle got him into a new hobby. "PHILANDERING!!!!!!!!!!"

Ohhhhh man haahhahaahahh

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    DarkShadow, I know you're the most clever person on this website. So when you do something a little odd, I know it's was deliberate. Just in case someone wants to repeat something they learned here on FNN. The study or collecting of stamps is called Philately. Philandering for the mouth breathers means, "making love insincerely." We wouldn't want little Johnny to go to school and tell his class mates is uncle got him into a new hobby. "PHILANDERING!!!!!!!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post

And you...being liberal and all, know all about philandering don't you Tuck-It-Under Tucky? Isn't that true big boy? Goes right along with all your liberal buddies doesn't it? Hypocrisy, denial, dishonesty, embezzlement, deflection, corruption etc. Philandering fits right in doesn't it?

I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself.

I think its hilarious...A liberal referring to other people as "mouth breathers" LOLOLOL God thats funny.
    Last edited by Stormcrow; 02-04-2015 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gcopple View Post
    very true. i would rather have seadoos and jet ski's with an open lake than a closed lake nobody can use.
    Mmmhmmm, you guys just want the bikinis that inevitably come with those Seadoos and jetskis...

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    And you...being liberal and all, know all about philandering don't you Tuck-It-Under Tucky? Isn't that true big boy? Goes right along with all your liberal buddies doesn't it? Hypocrisy, denial, dishonesty, embezzlement, deflection, corruption etc. Philandering fits right in doesn't it?
    Uh oh...did one of your students slip you some of that liquid from your specimen jars again?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast