Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: ???might shut down dvl?

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Thanks for not answering the question.

Was Lake Matthews ever opened to the public, even from day 1?
    There was an attempt to open it by a local rep 1-2 years ago. We discussed it in depth on this forum. A surprising group of anglers here wished it would stay closed. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by carpanglerdude View Post
    There was an attempt to open it by a local rep 1-2 years ago. We discussed it in depth on this forum. A surprising group of anglers here wished it would stay closed. Go figure.
    Interesting. I did not know this.

Quote Originally Posted by carpanglerdude View Post
    So, to answer my own question, Matthews was never supposed to be built as a recreational facility. Not from day 1. The local representative Kevin Jeffries withdrew his own legislation (AB 1686) after finding this out. (Apparently that local rep must be in the group that "wish it would stay closed.")

I'm in the group that say that the public has no legal recourse to force anybody to open Matthews and thus should not invest the public's time and money into doing so, which is what Jeffries also found out. Thus, using Matthews as an example of "What will happen if we don't let in jet skis and water skiers on the water at DVL" is a bit disingenuous on your part, akin to 'scare tactics' that politicians use to sway public support.

And I was just getting my hopes up Matthews might open up someday to the general public.

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRod View Post
    And I was just getting my hopes up Matthews might open up someday to the general public.
    http://www.raglm.org/pdfs/AB-1686_Withdrawal.pdf

Don't hold your breath, Roderigo.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789