Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cormorant population at our lakes

Quote Originally Posted by muskyman View Post
    You know Tri-city park and Ralph B never had cormies in it ........then the DFG put candy trout in there and low and behold - what followed. Sorta a double edged sword. We got the bass bigger faster - but on the same hand, we got those friggin cormorants. Something I noticed when I use to live out there.
    OMG, Tri City Park is just about impossible now. You wouldn't believe how many cormorants there are. So much bird droppings from cormorants and all those coots, Placentia was talking about draining the lake to clean it but now that it's a regional park, who knows? The County should be able to do bigger things so hopefully... Maybe Clark will get the bass in the interim, maybe Carbon Canyon.

just stock bigger but less trout...

Quote Originally Posted by flyhigh123 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by flyhigh123 View Post
    stock bigger and MORE trout hahaha
    =)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuoc Mam View Post
    stock bigger and MORE trout hahaha
    =)

I think the cormorants are slipping. I went to La Mirada lake yesterday afternoon to try to catch some Catfish or a Carp or two. I caught a nice big Catfish, but when it came to the Carp. I had these stupid (nice size for a park) trout keep eating my corn. I literally had to move there was so many trout at one spot. There were over 30 cormorants there and none of them were fishing. lol
    Last edited by etucker1959; 02-04-2015 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marley View Post
    OMG, Tri City Park is just about impossible now. You wouldn't believe how many cormorants there are. So much bird droppings from cormorants and all those coots, Placentia was talking about draining the lake to clean it but now that it's a regional park, who knows? The County should be able to do bigger things so hopefully... Maybe Clark will get the bass in the interim, maybe Carbon Canyon.
    If they did drain it, I hope they would put all the fish in Carbon Canyon. I heard they finally dredge it and are looking to restock it. That is by far the most peaceful lake I fish!!!!!!

The question is what can we do about these cormorants ?? seems like every lake is being infested by these guys
    They line up in front of the stocking truck like if its lunch time

Quote Originally Posted by Mr T-rex View Post
    They line up in front of the stocking truck like if its lunch time
    Wait, the anglers or the cormorants?

Cuz at my local lake, it's about 50/50.

hahaha damn you got me there
    Looks like we have two problems

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Wait, the anglers or the cormorants?

Cuz at my local lake, it's about 50/50.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast