Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: dixon lake

Default dixon lake

fished dixon for about 2 hrs 12-2..lost one fish and lure at shore in jacks cove..went to buoy line lost one on a kastmaster raimbow at shore..anybody have any issues with the 2lb pline been using it for a while has worked great in the past.... but now but seem to be losing lots more lures and fish..any thoughts?
    btw stocking truck had troubles in nevada never showed up now will be stocking tomorrow
    Last edited by dbfishing; 01-28-2015 at 07:20 PM.

I've never been a big fan of P Line, it's always had memory issues and whatnot for me. For 2lb my fav is the Berkley flouro, and Izorline XXX for mono. Lure tossing I only go as low as 3lb with a 7'6 ultralight, otherwise 4lb mono Izor minimum. When I tried casting spoons and kastmasters with 2lb, if the line would snag on the reel, my finger or anything like that, the line would snap and I'd watch my lure go flying into the middle of the lake.
    Thanks for the report!

^x2 on izorline xxx. I'll fish that in 4lb just about anywhere

you say 4lb is that for tossing metal or jigs too... see for me 2lb is a must with jigs and power worms whenever i use 4 i seem to see fish shy away much more...thanks for the info guys

Quote Originally Posted by dbfishing View Post
    you say 4lb is that for tossing metal or jigs too... see for me 2lb is a must with jigs and power worms whenever i use 4 i seem to see fish shy away much more...thanks for the info guys
    2lb izorline is the best and I agree 2lb test is a must for jigs and Power worms. Also I use super dupers 501/502 and small kastmasters with no issues.

Thanks guys for the info gonna give the izo a try