Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sarl 1/24/2015

Default Sarl 1/24/2015

my weekly therapy session at the lake
    Checked the weather out and they were expecting winds from 15-20mph! i dislike fishing in the wind but still decided to go fishing that wasnt going to stop me. Started off fishing at the bubble hole to try and get away from the wind a bit but did not get one single bite at all from 6am to 10am decided to move spots and that was the best decision i ever made. I went to the stocking ramp by chris pond and the wind was blasting hard at least 20mph non stop wind, i chucked out my power bait and it flew back to shore lol dammit!! so somehow i got my baits out there and with in 15 mins the bite is on we got 6 trout with in 15 mins and it just died from there, wind picked up so we decided to leave by 11am
    Finished the day with 6 trout all caught on spring green powerbait and pink/white mice tails! didnt even bother bringing out the jig stick
    A fisherman can fish in snow,rain,hot or cold weather but simply not with high winds ohh well we still landed 6 trout not a bad day at all

Cleaning time

Ready for some sarandiadas (grilling)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr T-rex View Post
    my weekly therapy session at the lake
    Checked the weather out and they were expecting winds from 15-20mph! i dislike fishing in the wind but still decided to go fishing that wasnt going to stop me. Started off fishing at the bubble hole to try and get away from the wind a bit but did not get one single bite at all from 6am to 10am decided to move spots and that was the best decision i ever made. I went to the stocking ramp by chris pond and the wind was blasting hard at least 20mph non stop wind, i chucked out my power bait and it flew back to shore lol dammit!! so somehow i got my baits out there and with in 15 mins the bite is on we got 6 trout with in 15 mins and it just died from there, wind picked up so we decided to leave by 11am
    Finished the day with 6 trout all caught on spring green powerbait and pink/white mice tails! didnt even bother bringing out the jig stick
    A fisherman can fish in snow,rain,hot or cold weather but simply not with high winds ohh well we still landed 6 trout not a bad day at all

Cleaning time

Ready for some sarandiadas (grilling)
    Love those Lighting Trout!!!! I know what you mean about the wind. My favorite way to fish all the pay lakes is, "in my tin boat and electric trolling motor." So if the wind comes up, "Im SOL!!!!!!!" lol

Of all the conditions we fish in, wind is my least favorite. Although some of my best days have come in a good wind in my face.
    Nice catch, love those lightning trout. Delish fresh off the grill!

Nice job in those conditions, wtg!

TD

Tell me about it seeing them cruise the shore is nice and especially if they take your jig lol.
    That wind wouldve blew you to shore lol
    Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Love those Lighting Trout!!!! I know what you mean about the wind. My favorite way to fish all the pay lakes is, "in my tin boat and electric trolling motor." So if the wind comes up, "Im SOL!!!!!!!" lol

Yes i can fish in any weather but wind is a fishermans worst nightmare! same here i actually thought i was going home with a big skunk in my back till the bobbers started flying up
    Good day on the water & even better on the grill

Quote Originally Posted by Marley View Post
    Of all the conditions we fish in, wind is my least favorite. Although some of my best days have come in a good wind in my face.
    Nice catch, love those lightning trout. Delish fresh off the grill!

Thank you the wind was blowing at least 20 to 25mph but fish still decided to bite

Quote Originally Posted by troutdog View Post
    Nice job in those conditions, wtg!

TD

Nice! It's been a while since I've been to SARL. I definitely want to go soon. Do you mind if I ask what kind of tackle you were using? All of my stuff is still set up for catfish. Again, good work Rex!

You should definitely make a trip out there especially with the quality fish they have been stocking
    all of my rods are spinmatic ultra light 7 foot, shimano sedona 500FD reels spooled with 2lb test maxima fluorocarbon main line and leader
    1/8 ounce egg sinker carolina rigged 12 to 18 inches leader either with a mosquito hook (size 10) for mice tails,night crawlers or worms. or treble hooks size 16 for powerbait or power mouse
    as for baits i go with pink and white mice tails, I clip the tail just because i get short strikes at times
    Night crawlers cut in half blown up with a mice tail head on top is also deadly late in the morning
    Powerbait i go with Spring green, chartreuse, Salmon peach (my go to) & captain america (red,white and blue)
    Some people think casting out as far you can will catch you fish but sometimes they are 10 feet from shore so cast one out about 20 feet and chunk one real close to see where they are biting
    Hope this works for you
    Light line is the way to go

Quote Originally Posted by Andyxp View Post
    Nice! It's been a while since I've been to SARL. I definitely want to go soon. Do you mind if I ask what kind of tackle you were using? All of my stuff is still set up for catfish. Again, good work Rex!
    Last edited by Mr T-rex; 01-27-2015 at 11:59 AM.

Way to stick out T-Rex, good work bro!

Tony G

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast