Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: DFG Reg. Question

Default DFG Reg. Question

Anyone know how much the fine is for catching trout illegally with a net ? ........... That is if the DFG Official can catch them in the act and cite him/her.
    On a few occasions I've called the Cal Tip number and have told them this happens often at Apollo but their officers are usually out of the area so the idiots usually get away with a bucket full of trout, and
    I've told them that what they are doing is illegal and I usually get that "F__k Off" or "Huh?" which makes me want the DFG to catch these idiots.
    This info will give me more "ammo" to throw at the criminals when I see them again.
    Thanks
    Also FYI.....fishing at Apollo Park is very good. Was just there yesterday and caught 27 trout in about 4.5 hours. White mini jigs, small chrome Kastmasters, rainbow colored Thomas Buoyants, bikini and rainbow colored Needlefish,
    garlic Power Bait, Power Worms, and for fly fishers white/black Zebra Midges under a bead head Prince Nymph all worked great. I was testing to see what else I could use to catch them for future reference.
    Tight Lines !
    TTFM

not trying to start anything but, your complaining about the poachers who net and bucket the fish but yet here your saying you caught 27 of them? catch and release ok but you didn't say that in your post?
    Game wardens are far and few between, but if you look around apollo you'll see the sheriff's phone number posted, they are the one's who patrol the most around there, give them a call, they should show up faster then calling fish and wildlife or caltip.

HBAR,
    To clarify my post........Yes I did catch and release every fish I legally caught. Why would I boast about the number of fish I caught and complain about poachers in the same post?
    I also have the sheriff's number in my phone and sheriff's are more present, but poachers can see them when they leave, illegally net fish, and leave before the sheriff returns or is dispatched
    by the Lancaster office. Sheriffs work on a "Prioritized" basis and they can't always be available to answer every call in a timely fashion.
    I'd still like to know the answer to my original question so I can have more ammo to tell these perpetrators.
    Thanks anyways
    TTFM

Powerbait fish cannot be released. Fish and game warden told me this years back when I asked him, he Also mention barbless hooks for catch and release.

Quote Originally Posted by ŚlightlineŚ View Post
    Powerbait fish cannot be released. Fish and game warden told me this years back when I asked him, he Also mention barbless hooks for catch and release.
    I wonder if the Warden meant shouldn't be released or cannot be released. I wonder how the reg read and also what a Judge would say!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ŚlightlineŚ View Post
    It is not illegal to release bait-caught trout, though it should be. If you want to C&R trout then artificials with single, barbless hooks should be used with bleeding or deeply-hooked fish kept, where legal to do so, until the limit it reached. After that, come back tomorrow.

Well next time take pics with your phone, once you see or call and report them and or you see the fuzz show them the pictures. You know game wardens sit back and watch from far away with binoculars right? I've seen them make their rounds check everyone and then go watch people, sneak up on the poacher and watch said poacher start to argue with him that what he was doing was ok (sabiki rig on a salt water rod power bait on six hook each line, he had two rods out). Even though he got a ticket the guy was back out the next day doing the same thing.
    The cops will say well we have to see them doing it, but with pictures of the people maybe they'll watch them more? I know of a poser who thinks because he's 100% service connected veteran that he doesn't need to fill out paperwork to get a free or discounted price license, that carrying the letter that states he's 100% he's ok, we all know he's not, I'm not talking crap about veterans as I am a veteran as well, but one that lies about his service and has never been overseas is a whole other matter!