Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1/25/15 La harbor bass

Default 1/25/15 La harbor bass

Hey guys, went down to do a quick sesh over at my local marina.I was fishing a 3 inch big hammer creeping death and halloween. My dad went with me and we got some nice fish. To start off, I went on a streak of 5 lizardfish which alright but not the greastest beacause they tear up your plastic. I didn't take pictures of these but if you guys out there want me to I will. After that my dad picked off a calico on the basstrix. After that the fishing slowed down for about 15-20 minutes then I got another lizard * sigh*. 15 miutes later my dad hooks a nice calico on the trix and we land it. Right after that I get a nice calico on the big hammer 3 inch halloween. Nice! 20 minutes later I flip into a dock and as its falling... BAM! I knew I had a nice fish and it turned out to be a really nice sandbass. That's all for now but Ill be posting soon! Thanks guys.

http://imgur.com/TFvsFQU,Ob542fl,0I772CC#2

NICE... Nothing better then sticking shallow water salt species with 3 inch swimmers! Hit some local beaches with various 3 inch colors depending on where your fishing and witness how much Halibut from the surf LOVE those small swimmers! HINT- brown baits with 1/4 oz darterheads. I've even used scrounger heads with fin-s smelt color and found magic when nothing else worked!

Nice work on the bass! Sounds like some nice action out there for you and your pops. Keep it up!!!

Don

Quote Originally Posted by bachiboy View Post
    Nice work on the bass! Sounds like some nice action out there for you and your pops. Keep it up!!!

Don
    Thanks man, it's always fun when the bass are biting!

Nice report,cool pics also,nice fishing with Pop I bet. WTG

Cya Tuna Vic

Quote Originally Posted by TUNAVIC View Post
    Nice report,cool pics also,nice fishing with Pop I bet. WTG

Cya Tuna Vic
    Thanks Tuna vic it always nice to go fish with dad.

Pound for pound nothing beats bass in terms of fight they put up. (in my opinion) If your catching a bunch of lizard fish keep them alive and use it for halibut bait. Big halibuts love lizard fish.

Quote Originally Posted by fish4life View Post
    Pound for pound nothing beats bass in terms of fight they put up. (in my opinion) If your catching a bunch of lizard fish keep them alive and use it for halibut bait. Big halibuts love lizard fish.
    Oh alright thanks for the tip. Ive heard that they have to be moved or they just sit on the bottom. Is that true?

Quote Originally Posted by noleash View Post
    NICE... Nothing better then sticking shallow water salt species with 3 inch swimmers! Hit some local beaches with various 3 inch colors depending on where your fishing and witness how much Halibut from the surf LOVE those small swimmers! HINT- brown baits with 1/4 oz darterheads. I've even used scrounger heads with fin-s smelt color and found magic when nothing else worked!
    Thanks for the tip no leash I will try that soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Spottie View Post
    Oh alright thanks for the tip. Ive heard that they have to be moved or they just sit on the bottom. Is that true?
    From what I have seen its best to suspend the lizard fish a few feet of the bottom because halibut are always looking up. Try using a dropper loop rig or some kind of rig that suspends the lizard fish. Good luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast