Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lc painting / January Couple Session report

Default Lc painting / January Couple Session report

Well hello there Everyone , Hope you all are doing well. To start of my thread , i want to start talking a lil about a cool form of art I've gotten into lately. Just like anyone who has tossed an LC for a little while knows, the paint job starts coming off in a couple sessions, if not in 1 (i guess its all about how fast or slow your retrieve is). I've always been interested in painting lures since the first time i used one. The Feeling you are blessed with when you hook your target on your own pattern you painted just the Day before is priceless and lasts forever. I Would love to know what you guys think of my perspective on matching the hatch for saltwater patterns, it's only been about a month I've started painting. I Use a dual action, gravity feed, 0.35' nozzle airbrush.
    So here is some of the work I've been up to
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0714_zpsszdi4mpj.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	74.2 KB 
ID:	45649

Name:	IMG_0712_zpsx8dcrjnb.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	76.7 KB 
ID:	45650

Name:	IMG_0707_zpsktzaykia.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	79.1 KB 
ID:	45651

Name:	IMG_0706_zpszhpjltdp.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	70.3 KB 
ID:	45652

Name:	IMG_0675_zpsjhphzsh9.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	90.2 KB 
ID:	45653

Name:	IMG_0571_zps1zfqihjq.jpg 
Size:	84.3 KB 
ID:	45654

Name:	IMG_0575_zpsualamvjy.jpg 
Size:	91.4 KB 
ID:	45655
    My First paint job Mackerel patternClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0522_zpsrbgrs09q.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	92.3 KB 
ID:	45656
    Second try at a Mack patternClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0542_zpscojrohya.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	89.0 KB 
ID:	45657

OK , Now for the fishing side of things. I have been into some really nice bites end of the year 2014 not on the Halibut side, but rather on the Bass side , mainly being Calico's, with a few Sand bass mixed in . Its amazing how close up the bass come sometimes. I learned that Calicos's breed in grass beds , and the surf is ideal habitat for them to breed , Specially in all the eel grass beds and submerged boilers covered with grass. What i have also noticed is that Bass fight much better in the surf than they do on boats in deeper water, i guess shallow water makes them more aggressive and lively. The Warmer waters of the el nino' year also have a massive impact in my opinion, Ive been getting barracuda from the surf in good numbers until about last week, with a couple legal fish mixed in (Biggest being 32). On the Calico bass side, I've landed at least 20 fish over 14 , with my PB being 19.5. Ive been getting bit on everything from swim bait , Kroc, LC and sometimes even dropshot. Another unusual suspect in the surf I've been getting a lot lately is the Grass Rockfish . Sunday 18th of January i got my first legal halibut of the year measuring just a tad bit over 26" what's crazy was it was on my first cast, the fish was hooked bad , not in a manner you would like to see on a fish you plan on releasing , so unhooked him quick and released him . I was in so big of a rush i didn't even take a picture as i thought my go pro was on and running , I thought i had caught the whole battle on vid only to find out a lil later that my camera's battery was dead for the whole session and i had forgotten to charge it the day before ...
    So here's a Few pics for the fishing side of things.
    Most of them my painted lures,

Oh you got it bad Edgar...
    The LC's are looking pretty nice, good for you and your patience, it is paying off...
    Your assortment of fish is impressive, good size and quantity for sure!
    Thank you for sharing bro, maybe one day I'll run into you on the sand.
    God Bless,
    Robert
    <><

Hey there Robert , Thanx for the nice words :) it will be my pleasure to run into you on the sand any day.
    Tight Lines,
    Edgar

I have a few beat up lc's I would love for you to experiment on. Aside from that, you got the right idea. Sounds like you're on to something.

Very nice paint jobs and catches. Thanks for the post.
    DR

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillyak View Post
    I have a few beat up lc's I would love for you to experiment on. Aside from that, you got the right idea. Sounds like you're on to something.
    Hey there Cadillyak , thanx a lot , it will be my pleasure to get a few patterns going for you brother , PM me , we will think of a way ;)
    Tight lines,
    Edgar

Quote Originally Posted by DockRat View Post
    Very nice paint jobs and catches. Thanks for the post.
    DR
    Your welcome Mr.Dockrat, thanks for looking and the Kind words!

The red always seen to work towards more action! Hooks, Gills making it look like they are cured live ones! Great variety out there and looks like you got the LC fever!

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by flyngby View Post
    The red always seen to work towards more action! Hooks, Gills making it look like they are cured live ones! Great variety out there and looks like you got the LC fever!

Steve
    Hello there Steve, yup been sick with LC Fever for a couple years now )))

Ummmmm....I've got 235 destroyed flash minnows waiting for you....

Great compilation report Edgar. I'm glad you FINALLY decided to put up a report and show off your new hobby as well! Who the hell needs to go out and buy new LCs when you have obviously proved that all that is needed is a little makeup...LOL

Congrats on your first legal halibut as well this year!

Thanks for sharing and I'm sure we will bump into each other soon!

Mike
    Last edited by bones; 01-25-2015 at 10:56 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast