Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 01/23 at Guasti

Default 01/23 at Guasti

Fished main lake till 10 and got nothing...guys on the north shore near back cove were doing pretty good..as we were leaving seen state stocking the small lake...went up and asked guy how many putting in...he said 1600lb! damn...that much in 6 acres? my eyes bulged! we fished there for 1/2 hour and both limited out...small trout better than no trout! should be good thru the weekend at least.

1600lbs of state wow, thats like 3000 trout.

I went after work. Wasted 45 min fishing c rig mid lake till I moved to the east end. Saw several caught and changed to 2 lb leader 14 size treble with floating garlic Powerbait. Just enough so it would barely sink. Caught 4 in 30 min till I got kicked out. 1 decent and 3 small ones. The fish were 5' from shore and schooling. No casting needed.

Had to tie a new hook while they closed the lake and was the last guy and hooked up the final minute.
    $18 for entry and parking. Wind was not a problem. 10 to 20 mph gusts no big deal. I think it is $8 if you walk in.
    DR

Thanks for the tip Dday. Worth the hour drive.
    DR

No problem....I've gotten lots of tips on this section...so love returning the favor.
    Quote Originally Posted by DockRat View Post
    Thanks for the tip Dday. Worth the hour drive.
    DR

Thanks Dday.
    Anyone with kids should head over there for a short hookup session. Afternoon bite is good.
    DR
    Last edited by DockRat; 01-25-2015 at 11:33 AM.

Thanks for the report dday07 and glad to hear that you guys got you limit. I was there Friday to with my brother in law. We pulled up as the trout truck was pulling out. We ended up with limits also. By far the best angling experience I have had at Guasti.

Dockrat I'm glad you enjoyed yourself, the long drive paid off.

I'm glad everyone who went had a good time!!!! Guasti is also one of my favorite catfish ponds. A few summers back they stocked the small lake with catfish and it was lights out there also!!!!