Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Recommendations Please!

Quote Originally Posted by WAHBAM View Post
    You should be good! But what reels?
    Nothing too fancy. Abu Garcia Ambassadeur series stuff: SX/STX/C4. Should work, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Baja1ab View Post
    Nothing too fancy. Abu Garcia Ambassadeur series stuff: SX/STX/C4. Should work, right?
    Yeah it will work, make sure you have braided line for extra line capacity in case you do catch something good!

Quote Originally Posted by WAHBAM View Post
    Yeah it will work, make sure you have braided line for extra line capacity in case you do catch something good!
    Cool, thanks. I have 50lb braid spooled. Do I need a flouro/mono leader or straight braid?

Thanks again, all.

Quote Originally Posted by Baja1ab View Post
    Cool, thanks. I have 50lb braid spooled. Do I need a flouro/mono leader or straight braid?

Thanks again, all.
    None of that expensive fluro stuff. Lay on a topshot of 20-lb. Ande and you're good to go. 100 yards should do it. A lot of the short ride boats don't like you to fish spectra even if you know what you're doing because, as you will find out, those trips have a good number of guys who don't know what they're doing. Mono is more forgiving among that crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Marley View Post
    None of that expensive fluro stuff. Lay on a topshot of 20-lb. Ande and you're good to go. 100 yards should do it. A lot of the short ride boats don't like you to fish spectra even if you know what you're doing because, as you will find out, those trips have a good number of guys who don't know what they're doing. Mono is more forgiving among that crowd.
    Yep I agree. You can lay down a 100 yards of fresh mono on each trip without spending too much.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123