Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Recommendations Please!

If you could somehow get on the Truline at 22nd steet landing san pedro, I would recommend them. Great crew, they will take care of you guys.

I think they still rent skiffs at Davey's locker in Newport Beach Harbor. You could even fish in the harbor and he would catch bass, maybe a halibut. not sure when the bait barge comes back on duty at Newport but if it is on duty March 1 you could get some anchovies to fish with. I Also had good luck with kids in the Long Beach harbor but don't know of any skiff rentals in Long Beach.
    God Bless and Tight Lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Jig-Guy View Post
    X3 and the boat will be geared for safety for your son. Also short boat ride out to catch some fish.
    make that X4. good times.

Drum roll please!!!!! lol In my opinion the best combination of a nice boat, good friendly captain, short boat ride to the fishing grounds and a very small crowd of people on the boat. Is a bottom fishing trip on the Indian out of Redondo Beach!!!! He should also catch a boat load of fish to boot.

Thanks guys. I'll be looking into all of the recommendations provided. We're still a few weeks out but I'll try to remember to post some photos after the trip.

Thanks again!

One other thing I'd like to pick your brain about - equipment. I have a few 7'6"-8' heavy rods w average reels spooled with 40-50lbb braid (that I can also easily switch to some other line). They're mostly my freshwater swimbait set ups. This should be sufficient for most anything we see on one of these 1/2-3/4 day boats, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Baja1ab View Post
    One other thing I'd like to pick your brain about - equipment. I have a few 7'6"-8' heavy rods w average reels spooled with 40-50lbb braid (that I can also easily switch to some other line). They're mostly my freshwater swimbait set ups. This should be sufficient for most anything we see on one of these 1/2-3/4 day boats, right?
    You should be good! But what reels?

Sell Your Bass Boat .... Buy a nice inshore Skiff ...Whaler? .... Lease a dock space in Redondo and catch ALOT of fish!!! Actually for the price of some of those Bass boats you could buy a bluewater sailboat and have a Small skiff for fishing! Much better quality of life for the little one!

Quote Originally Posted by noleash View Post
    Sell Your Bass Boat .... Buy a nice inshore Skiff ...Whaler? .... Lease a dock space in Redondo and catch ALOT of fish!!! Actually for the price of some of those Bass boats you could buy a bluewater sailboat and have a Small skiff for fishing! Much better quality of life for the little one!
    EXAMPLE....www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRn5mvuXbTo

Quote Originally Posted by noleash View Post
    Lol, I appreciate the recommendation but I don't see myself doing that anytime soon. I'm less than 30min from Perris, 35 from Diamond Valley and Skinner, Silverwood and Big Bear are all less than an hour from me. Too many close freshwater options for me right now to give it up. Maybe some day though.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast