Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Castaic lake bass

Default Castaic lake bass

Heading out to castaic lake to do some bass fishing Saturday!! Getting away from the pay lakes and want to try something new but don't know which lake to try out, the upper lake or the lower lagoon ?
    Main target bass fishing from shore and I am a newbie to bass fishing so any information would be nice such as baits and wouldn't mind finding some striper either

Thank you and hope to get some helpful information

Try the coves on the west ramp with a slow retrieve

Senko and Ika.....

alright perfect thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by flyman View Post
    Try the coves on the west ramp with a slow retrieve

You got it
    Quote Originally Posted by ela View Post
    Senko and Ika.....

I have to double think castaic now! i was checking the weather & they are expecting 40mph winds

The wind sucks to fish in and yet can bring some excellent bites there. Instead of hiding from the wind fish the edges of it where it blows across points or into coves. Look for evidence of a current and fish it top to bottom. That 40 mph is probably a gust as the wind mostly comes and goes here. Watch the water for advance notice as you can see the gusts whipping along. See one coming? Head right into it. If it is really going to be bad they won't let you out.

Nice thanks for the information. i didnt want to take the drive because of the weather conditions so i just went to a pay lake
    i am still trying to fish at castaic sometime. Maybe this weekend
    Quote Originally Posted by bendopolo2004 View Post
    The wind sucks to fish in and yet can bring some excellent bites there. Instead of hiding from the wind fish the edges of it where it blows across points or into coves. Look for evidence of a current and fish it top to bottom. That 40 mph is probably a gust as the wind mostly comes and goes here. Watch the water for advance notice as you can see the gusts whipping along. See one coming? Head right into it. If it is really going to be bad they won't let you out.