Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 1/22/15 I needed that

Default 1/22/15 I needed that

Just a quick report.
    We're selling our house and escrow is due to close mid February so I've been frantically searching for new place out here in VC. Decided to take a breather and went to the local spot on my lunch break.
    Tide was just starting back out and had a bit of a southern current.
    Started throwing the LC and limited out on kelp and grass in my first 5 casts so I switched to a swimbait. 2.5" Berkley minnow in watermelon pearl.
    Still dragging in weeds on most retrieves but finally felt the taptaptap and swung. This pretty little perch saved me from the skunk.

It was nice to get away from work and the stress of searching for a place to live, I needed that!
    I know it's going to go off here soon!
    Just hope we get settled in time so I can get out to the beach more.
    Good luck guys, and as always, thanks for all the great info!

Congratulations on selling your house!!! I hope you guys find the right house to fit your needs (I know you will).

Great work on deciding to switch assault tactics so you could beat those session destroying attacking weed monsters

Isn't it great to have an activity that is non-harmful to the body/soul (well usually unless you get rolled or lose a big one and "lose it" big time)when your anxious, stressed or need a break like fishing???

I sure am enjoying watching (via your reports) your growing fishing prowess. Keep er' going, my friend

regards,

Nick
    Last edited by anchor3n1; 01-22-2015 at 02:00 PM. Reason: grammar and spelling and better word choice and...

Thanks for the report. Been dying to hit the surf for awhile but school has kept me away. Happy hunting on your next home...

nice. (I have no greater grass rake in my arsenal than the LC.)

just wrapped up escrow myself... and have been waiting for something - anything to start happening on the beach.

Good luck to you.

Congrats on the house. Where is VC ?
    DR

thats ventura central DR

Way to change things up to get the skunkbuster. Good luck on the house-hunt!

Don