Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: A little Canyon Lake success

Default A little Canyon Lake success

Hit the Lake on Tuesday around 3 pm with my good friend and a couple of tubes. We fished the Treasure Island area with drop shot for 1 early fish then.....nothing. With the water at full pool I Flipped and Pitched into all kinds of fresh shoreline cover. Dark browns and greens and purple plastics were all ignored. Lizards... nothing. The same for a couple of Ikas. Outside of and along the trees were also met with failure. I paddled out so as to have at least 20 feet of water under the tube. Pitched a 5 inch Bass Assassin in Arkansas Shad on 3/8 jighead. Swam it slowly with frequent pauses to hit bottom. Found 'em. The bite was on. On every cast I was hit at least several times. Every fish jumped and fought hard. These fish were much healthier than those I have caught here during the summer . Big fat pigs one after another. I finally just broke my jig off and tossed it to my buddy. He ties on and instant pig. My second jig was as productive as the first. Ended up with 19 bass for me and 5 more for Keith, nothing under three pounds. Some true 5+. This bite ended with darkness and suddenly cool temps as happen here in the winter. This was a nice January present. How do you top that ? I am still incredulous. And my arms are tired....Legs are cold. Feels good.

Full pool , nice thnx for
    Your report....

Cb

3. Default

Nice! Time for a trip!

Love that Lake,we used to catch some Slab Crappie in that pool.

Cya Tuna Vic

bendopolo2004,

Thanks for a great post. You didn't give up and it paid off in spades! Way to go. Loved the post...very informative, even though I can't fish Canyon Lake!

Default Fishin it up

Attachment 45659What made it all the better is I tubed Lopez lake , up by Pismo Beach last week. 1 ice cold bass for seven hours out the water plus seven more driving....Got to put in the time. Miramar next...

I've been out from shore 3 times this month...nothing. Nothing up shallow, nothing as far as I can throw a lure...