Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Skunk @ Piru

Default Skunk @ Piru

Title says it all!

Met up with a group of old friends from way back and camped out at Piru for the weekend. Campground was wide open, and with the rain from a few weeks ago all of the grass and greenery looked fantastic. We took out 2 boats (5 fisherman total) and caught nothin' but a decent tan and a bunch of old fish stories...not even a single bite

But, the water clarity was pretty bad from the recent rain and all of my friends were really talkin trash about how "this spot is dead & doesn't hold any fish"...so their mind frame wasn't right. If you don't believe there's fish, then you're for sure not going to catch any.

I wasn't too bummed though. Anytime the boat fires up and you're able to get on the water, you've already won! Plus I got 2 solid nights of hangin' with my homies, drinkin' brews, tellin old stories, skunkin' it up, and enjoying the company of the Campground Hosts @ Piru. Lots of good folks who work out there, who were down to chill.

I'll be back.
    Last edited by driven2fish; 01-21-2015 at 01:01 PM.

Thanks for the report.

Haven't heard too many of them coming from Piru lately. I'm assuming the water level was extremely low? I doubt the coves even have water in them anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Thanks for the report.

Haven't heard too many of them coming from Piru lately. I'm assuming the water level was extremely low? I doubt the coves even have water in them anymore.
    water level was low! i was warned of this going out, but the launch ramps were still open so we went for it.