Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Late SARL report 1/18/2015

Default Late SARL report 1/18/2015

Snoozed the alarm a couple of times so it was a late late start for me!
    On the road by 10am and lines in the water by 11am, i wasnt really expecting anything to hit my lines because of the late start but suprisingly i got 3 through out the whole day, funny thing i took a fresh water noobie for his first outing and he is used to pier fishing so he rigs his rod up carolina rigged with two hooks, one for mice tail and the other with Spring Green powerbait & im thinking in my head "he isnt going to catch anything". before you even know it boom his rod gets slammed 15 minutes in the water. His first Trout at 3lbs not bad at all
    All of the 3 fish came on spring green powerbait and with in the span of 15 minutes its like if a school just came to our area for a certain amount of time. tried jigging, split shot worms for nothing but 3 fish is better than nothing
    Good day on the water and cant wait till next time
    I might give catfish a try since itll be in the 80s this weekend Tight lines everyone...

Last edited by Mr T-rex; 01-20-2015 at 05:00 PM.

Nice job on your catch. I been catching over there later in the morning. I think sometimes 3 fish at sarl is equal in weight to a limit of five fish at other lakes. Anyways, I was going to hit the lake this weekend but I have few people wanting to go so I will be changing my plan and going to Irvine for the troll and scenery. I have not been there for trout this season so hopefully I will get on some fish.

You are right i caught 3 decent fish and no rats!
    I want to take my tube out this weekend so i might be heading out to irvine also i was there new years eve but 60mph winds blew us out the lake
    Good Luck out there

Quote Originally Posted by Hotbite909 View Post
    Nice job on your catch. I been catching over there later in the morning. I think sometimes 3 fish at sarl is equal in weight to a limit of five fish at other lakes. Anyways, I was going to hit the lake this weekend but I have few people wanting to go so I will be changing my plan and going to Irvine for the troll and scenery. I have not been there for trout this season so hopefully I will get on some fish.

Nice T-Rex, wtg on the late start and still landing 3...i need to hit sarl for some trout myself....thanks for the report!

Tony G

No problem just trying to help my fellow fishermen out, those 3 fish surprised me i wasnt expecting to catch anything all day ! this season SARL has been fair to me just have to find the right spot and work for them i suggest you give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishingdachronarch201E7 View Post
    Nice T-Rex, wtg on the late start and still landing 3...i need to hit sarl for some trout myself....thanks for the report!

Tony G