Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 1/19

Default 1/19

the wife and i set out for perris on monday but ended up at DVL later that day. Perris is really low, i hadn't been there in about a year so i was blown away with what it was like, just a big mud bowl. to my dismay i noticed as we were getting the boat ready at perris that i had forgotten my head unit for my trolling motor graph...doh! wife and i tried to use the console to keep us on spots but with it dash mounted and not able to swing it around to look at it like i would with a ram mount it was very frustrating and i told her lets just cut our losses and head to dvl. at least we can just fish some points and stuff and we won't need the graph as much. got to DVL at about 10:30 and the first stop wifey gets 2 on a drop shot and catch one really shallow on an ika. looks like the move paid off i thought. next spot and the wind is starting to blow so i say screw i'm throwing the big baits the rest of the day. well i got skunked the rest of the day and my wife ended up with a total tally of 13 fish all in the keeper size, probably 15-18 inches throughout the day with her biggest going just a little over 3. i don't know how she does it but she always seems to catch at least 1 good one on a drop shot, i can never really get a decent bite on one, lots of fish but not any like she does. maybe it has something to do with her pink pole, reel and worm set up...i got a few followers throughout the day, enough to keep me throwing a swimmer. alternated between a savage gear line through and a 175. actually got more lookers on the line through than the 175 but i did have a "big ole pig" just sit under the boat for a long time after following the deps. one of the biggest bass i have ever seen at DVL. all in all a good day, lots of fish up shallow, nothing really big but if the weather keeps up warm the big girls shouldn't be far behind up shallow.

what i learned on this trip:
    never forget your electronics
    big baits all day can equal zero's but are still fun as hell to see those big fish follow you up to the boat
    morning dawn robo's always get bit, only color my wife uses and she never goes home skunked.

good luck out there

Way to go man! I like it when big hogs follow my bait. Its almost as fun as catching them! Sucks on the electronics but sounds like a good move going to DVL. Was it crowded?

Wow 13 fish?? I went today n got zero on shore! My girl got only 1 bass.

Quote Originally Posted by Fnguyen5992 View Post
    Wow 13 fish?? I went today n got zero on shore! My girl got only 1 bass.
    Haha, so you are like me, getting out fished by the misses. She even tooknow about a 30 minute nap laying across the seats because "it's soon tiring catching all these fish". 13 total for the two of us, that is with my 1 fish included. I just went through my milk runtil of about 5 spots since I was fishing blend and it worked out.

Not very crowded at all.

Thx for the report and tell the misses nice job. I get the big skunk this time of year.

Great job on the wife keeping the fish coming in.

Brent