Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Perris Jan 19th Nothin.....

Default Perris Jan 19th Nothin.....

As the title stated, got blanked. Took the wife and kids (3 girls ages 9-7-5) out to the lake today. Been reading a lot on the general discussion forum and I find myself in that group of people who never post anything. Gotta change that......

We got a late start and launched just before 11. Water temp was 55 degrees. Started at a rock pile in 25 feet of water, then tried the dam, the trench, then the rock pile again. Metered quite a few fish at each location, but couldn’t get any of them to commit. Threw a variety of plastic techniques.

While moving from one spot to another, I watched as another angler was battling what appeared to be a nice fish. After he landed it, I moved in closer and offered to snap a pic for him. It weighed in just under 9 on his digital scale. The angler is on this board, so I’m not putting any info out on his catch. If he’d like to add details, that’s up to him. Just thought it was awesome to see a nice fish brought in.

The time on the water with the family was great. I absolutely love listening to my girls converse while I fish. The things they come up with ALWAYS brings a smile to my face even though the bite was non existent for me today.

Perris has been a really tough bite lately. Only seen guys catching a couple swimbait fish and a couple deep fish on plastics

Yes very tuff...thanks for sharing. Youll get em next time!!!

the bass on in there January spots...Not the typical other times of the year spots like the Trench, Tire reef spots etc.. They are stacked up in the water I call their January home and they are willing to bite once you find where that's at.. You can go all day fishing the other spots and getting no bites, but once you find their January home, there they are and its game on.. The bite is actually pretty good... but you have to know where.. don't give up though..

Pete