Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Mlk tourney day 1 1/17/15

Default Mlk tourney day 1 1/17/15

It was a great day at the Vine for Team 57 for day 1 of the MLK tourney at Irvine Lake. After a great night of BBQing and hanging with friends around the campfire I went to sleep for about 2 hours. Lol I'm getting to old for this. We awoke to a beautiful day at the Vine. Got checked in by the Vine's great staff and off to prep the kayak. Launched on the water at about 6:15 am but it took me about 11/2 hrs. to figure out what the trout wanted on this day. I finally hook up shortly before 9:00 am and it is pulling hard towards the bottom of the lake. It felt strong and I was hoping that it was not a Wiper. Lol I finally got it close and noticed it was a nice male brown trout. Woohoo! I also noticed it was barely hooked on that hook jaw and it wanted to make another run. Oh Nooooooo!
    Luckily I kept the pressure on and got him in the net and safely on the yak. I new it wasn't the 1st place fish because I had heard about my boy Hookum Dano's 5#+ bow. I thought mine was hovering around 4#. I hit 2 more smaller bows and got short bit a couple for times and then decided not to let time be the deal breaker at weigh in and trolled my way to the scales.

My brown weighed in at 4.25# and was good for 4th place and after sweating through waiting to see how Sundays Day 2 of the tourney went. I was stoked to find out I once again had qualified for the end of the season Masters Tourney.

I'm very stoked that Team 57 took 5 of the top 10 spots on Sat. Way to go boys. We also made 1 little boy very happy during the raffle. As we won a rod, reel, tackle box, lures, and a hat and that little boy got every bit of it! I'm proud of my crew for making the family's day and putting a huge smile on that little boy. He is a fisherman for life now.

Congrat to all who placed both on Sat. and Sun.

And thank you again to the Daniella, Jimmy, and the rest of the Vine staff for putting on such great events and for doing everything they can to make sure everyone has a great day at the lake.

TEAM 57 members on the podium.

1st place - Danny " Hookum Dano"

3rd place - John " Bobberboy"

4th place- ME- Woohoo

6th place- Mark- "Hometown"

7th place- Jake
    Last edited by 5150fishn; 01-19-2015 at 03:12 PM.

GREAT weekend at the lake, glad you were able to put off your "honey do" list for the day Dan!

TD

Great report Dan I was feeling mighty proud standing up there with Team57 family