Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This captures the Christians's hypocracy

Default This captures the Christians's hypocracy

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...usaolp00000592

If you actually read this, you will see how evangelicals and many other Christians feel about respect. In this article, evangelicals say how they would react to SCOTUS protecting the rights of the LGBT community will depend on “We’ll have to see how gracious or vindictive voices within the LGBT community are in their responses,” Anderson said. “Will they become a live-and-let-live movement or a stamp-out-dissent movement? If there’s respect, there’s likely to be less pushback from conservatives.” Yet evangelicals mercilessly vilified that community for centuries, including torture and death in the past. More recently they were sinners. This the least insulting of what they said. Now, after all that, they need to be respectful of there tormentors??? This situation is repeated across the evangelical spectrum. Our way or the highway, or worse... So, when non-religious people fight back against this stuff, we're the ones who have no respect??? Where's the outrage...

I don't think we will ever change the older christian generation of anti LGBT. It has to die off first. It's not even their fault. Kids and this generation growing up currently will be ok. But the society will be much dumber as a whole.....Thats a whole different discussion.
    you need to check this out.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGC1cUyYXHo

What about muslims,buddists,hindus,and etc?

This is much like the racial issues in this country. Hold on to the past and don't focus on gains and where we will be at in the future. Generation gaps in understanding and progress are changing slowly but progress is certainly been made and that progress will continue as the old guard becomes less and less of a voice.

You make a great point DrePSP but individuals like pcuser and many liberals love to hold onto the past and lump all into one basket. Note his use of the words in his title that basically puts us all in one neat little basket, that's what they do it's their forte. Develop an opinion about a group and place them all in the same bucket, sounds much like what they hate about those that racially profile yet they do the same to Christians.

Quote Originally Posted by DrePSP View Post
    I don't think we will ever change the older christian generation of anti LGBT. It has to die off first. It's not even their fault. Kids and this generation growing up currently will be ok. But the society will be much dumber as a whole.....Thats a whole different discussion.
    you need to check this out.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGC1cUyYXHo
    I agree about things getting better. In fact, I'm actually quite optimistic in the long term. The short term backlash from all the changes will make for some tough sledding. I'm afraid it's always been thus. Change is hard...

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    This is much like the racial issues in this country. Hold on to the past and don't focus on gains and where we will be at in the future. Generation gaps in understanding and progress are changing slowly but progress is certainly been made and that progress will continue as the old guard becomes less and less of a voice.

You make a great point DrePSP but individuals like pcuser and many liberals love to hold onto the past and lump all into one basket. Note his use of the words in his title that basically puts us all in one neat little basket, that's what they do it's their forte. Develop an opinion about a group and place them all in the same bucket, sounds much like what they hate about those that racially profile yet they do the same to Christians.
    I don't hold on to the past. And I'm not lumping all into one basket. The issue of Christianity has been all over the board (Tom, for instance). This article is about 1 issue that looms large right now in this country. Also, the idea of respect was pushed to the fore by others here. This is a response to that discussion. I'm sure there are many others concerning other religions. However, we have Christians in this country trying to force others to live as Christians see fit. That's why it matters and isn't in the past... It isn't profiling Christians to fight against their attempts to force non religious people to live like them...

Quote Originally Posted by santis32 View Post
    What about muslims,buddists,hindus,and etc?
    They are less relevant to what's happening here today. The radical Islamists, or whatever they are called, are relevant and are much discussed...

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post

You might notice I post other non religious and non political stuff as well. They often don't receive comments. I also start threads that are 'hijacked' by others. Sometimes, they don't even read the articles. This is evident by their replies...

The war has basically already been won on the gay rights front and abortion, a little mop up still but basically the wars over. The left needs these issues at the forefront or they lose a lot of their narrative although they still have that global warming thingy and racism so that will keep them in business for a while.

I can only think of one christian extremist group versus thousands of islamic terrorist groups.

Secondly Islam is the largest to second largest religous group on this planet.

Do you see muslims setting up food drives,help the poor, and etc. KInd of like this. I do but its certainly not as much as Christians

In short you just dont like Christains because certain nembers in here happen to be Christain. This is coming from an athetist and you need to get rid of the hate. You make us look bad.

Last edited by santis32; 01-17-2015 at 11:13 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast