Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: fish finder is now mounted!! (pix)

Default Re: fish finder is now mounted!! (pix)

Matt,
    I'll trade you the 12V 7A/H battery if you show me where the deeper fish are saturday :twisted:
    I have the battery with the charger right here that I'm not using. Want to get out there and try some new cranks :)

Yeah, I'm using a 12V sla battery. The thing to look for is the amount of amp hours the battery has. Obviously, the more amp hours the better, but yours should last a few days with a 7Ah battery before it needs to be charged. Which reminds me, I need to pick up a battery charger also.

That ought to work Matt. I like the big pvc, It looks sturdy. The location looks cool too. Hey TJ I've got an idea for your rod holder so it won't be in the way of your trolling motor that you don't have yet. I put mine on the side of my battery box and it works great.

hey guys thanks.. this is one idea that ended up working pretty well... its out of my way but still in plane sight.. I made it close to the pockets so I don't have to run wire all over the toon.. all that I need to do is paint and add some glue here and their...

you know we will be on those fish TJ! well get them shallow and deep!...

so is it going to be 11 and 12 on saturday? ill be their!

maybe I can make the wheel assembly before satirday! I hope I can cause I always hate leaving the lake cause of the damn hill and blocked off ramp! last week I was just going to drive over the curb and pull down the ramp at 11 and 12 but when I got in my truck and started to drive towards the curb a ranger drove by so I didn't do it.... hopefully its easyer this weekend:)

That ought to work Matt. I like the big pvc, It looks sturdy. The location looks cool too. Hey TJ I've got an idea for your rod holder so it won't be in the way of your trolling motor that you don't have yet. I put mine on the side of my battery box and it works great.
    Oh yeah! I forgot how you had yours set up. That's a good idea. I go get a battery box and bolt/grommet it to my rear deck and slap the holder on the side. Thanks Ron! :lol:

PS..
    the FF looks good Matt! Can't wait to get one myself. Business is slow lately so funds are to0 short to upgrade just yet..
    Been barely feeding the tackle addiction lately :lol:

yai need to make a new rod holder as well, I need to offset the rod to the left side of the toon... having the rod right behind me restricts my casting from the back of the toon...

ya I hear ya TJ I want to start buying some new cranks but I also want to get a new pole and reel lol all those damn perris bass broke all my UL pole handles! all the corks split or the rob tip broke!.... but the wife took my credit card! lol...

lol, u guys crack me up

Quote Originally Posted by matt duarte
    well they sell ones that you and just use 8 AA batterys but mine calls for 10 to17 volts so I can just get a small rechargeable 12volt battery for rc cars and such..

ive seen the portable ones that use the battery but they look way too bulky to strap onto my tube....i guess to further clarify my question...do you have to change the connectors on the FF and/or battery in order to connect it to them?

im going to BPS on friday to check out finders and reels...i should probably just look at the connectors while im there....

Quote Originally Posted by rcfb73
    ive seen the portable ones that use the battery but they look way too bulky to strap onto my tube....i guess to further clarify my question...do you have to change the connectors on the FF and/or battery in order to connect it to them?

im going to BPS on friday to check out finders and reels...i should probably just look at the connectors while im there....
    If I'm not mistaken, the Cuda 168 as well as other Eagle and Lowrance units use the same transducer/power cable like mine. The ends of the power cable are open, meaning the ends are just bare wire. You just connect or crimp the appropriate terminal ends on them. All the 12V sla and gel cell batteries I've seen, you'll need a female quick disconnect terminal.

Oh, before I forget... You'll crimp a quick disconnect directly onto the negative lead (black wire). On the positive side (red wire), you first have to splice or solder the end of the lead onto one of the wires on the fuse holder. Then crimp a quick disconnect on the other wire.

ok I'm goin to get my battery today... so all I need is any 12v 7amh/h gell battery? and connectors to connect the wires to the battery?

I have a question though... my transducer cable has the plug for the finder and has 2 exposed wires on the other end.. I'm assuming one of the wires go to the battery and the other one connects to the fuse and then to the battery.. am I right so far?

and the 2 exposed wires are they spose to be one black and one red? cause both of mine are red? does this mean their universal? and I shouldn't have to buy any extra wire right??

if theres anything else I'm forgetting please clue me in!!! thanks guys hopefully this thing puts me on the fish.... as long as I'm not messing with it to much to fish lol

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast