Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: fish finder is now mounted!! (pix)

Hey guys, I don't think you want to u-bolt anything between the frame and the pontoon. Clamp on to the Oar post riser but don't make an abrasion point at the pontoon. As the frame moves on the pontoon you might wear a hole.

do you have a picture on how yours is mounted ron? I was just planning on taking off one of the foot rest and put a pvc elbow, go up about 4 inches, another elbow with a extension bringing it closer to me and cap it off with a ''T'' fitting so I can mount the finder on top and run a pipe from he bottom of the ''T'' fitting straight down to the water and attach the transducer..

that way it will be out of the way of the oars when rowing... also I was thinking of letting it be able to swivel so when I stand up I can turn it so I can see it

Mine is a different animal all together Matt. I have a piece of wood attached to the front of my standing deck and my FF is mounted on that right in the center. Here's a pic that you can see the piece of wood and my fishing budd 2202 clamped on.

o right on dude, I don't remember seeing it like that last time I saw you? is it hard to bring the fish on the boat?..

I'm getting the pvc today at lunch so ill should have some pictures up on the build process

Default Re: mounting a fish finder on a toon....

Landing fish is no problem Matt, It isn't as bad as that photo makes it look. You gota remember you can stand up and lean to the front or to either side and lip a fish. My boats pretty stable when you stand up.

Default Re: fish finder is now mounted!! (pix)

what you guys think about the new fish finder and mount i made?? (pix at the top of the first page)

Looking good, Matt. You fishing Perris this saturday?

ya ill be out their for sure! gotta test drive the new finder! I still have to go to hobby people to get a rechargeable battery. and I just have to add the down tube on that ''T'' fitting under the seat mounted to the fish finder mount for the transducer..

do you have a 12v battery? is it better to get a higher voltage? the finder says 10 to 17 volts I think

also the platform the finder sits on swivels 360* so when I stand up on my standing deck I can turn it so I can see while standing and sitting

lookin good matt...

quick question...how are you wiring the hobby battery to the fish finder? does it require splicing and such?
    pretty intrested in adding a fishfinder to my nav II

well they sell ones that you and just use 8 AA batterys but mine calls for 10 to17 volts so I can just get a small rechargeable 12volt battery for rc cars and such..

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast