Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: fish finder is now mounted!! (pix)

Default fish finder is now mounted!! (pix)

well here it is i figured out how to mount the FF and the transducer.. what ya guys think

HEY NOW, matt this looks good, but i think i would mount it little higher off the frame, maybe use a RAM mount, you can bolt it to your standing platform ?

Z

FISH ON !

All you lucky dawgs with your fish finders! :lol:

I still can't find a way to mount my freakin rod holder without it being in the way of the trolling motor I don't even have yet :roll:

I'm having the same problm TJ :lol:
    I want everything to be in hands reach and easy, and out of the way of the oars and rods...

I was thinking of making a horizontal rod holder that way their laying down behind me and I'd still be able to use the motor but the pole would be sticking out the side a little bit....

thanks for the pic tunakiller I'm at work right now messing with some aluminum and plastic to make some sort of a fish finder holder....might try and make it retractable....

HEY, just use a toolbox, like i did, place for batt., tackle, gear, etc. and a place to mount a rod holder ?

i'd go a little smaller on the box, i one i used was a freebie.

Z

FISH ON !

Z, I would do something like that, but then I can't fit it all in the car :wink:

Matt,
    is this the one you bought?
    http://www.eaglesonar.com/Products/Sonar/Cuda168.htm
    Let me know how it works out for you! Looks like a good deal and has good ratings.

yep! that's the one! it is a good finder for the price... it has everything you need... temp, depth, speed, it shows structure everything!

on bass pro web site all the reviews were 5 star so I think ill be happy with it but ya ill let you know how I like it..

I'm going to hobby people today to look at the batt. today

It looks like this is the battery powered version..
    http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/store ... id=PP_P2_1
    Looks like it would sit right in the pontoon pocket.

no its not the one that holds the 8 batt. its the one that needs a small 10 to 17volt ones i would of got one like that but i dont want to have to buy new batts every so often ya know.... on this one all i have to do is plug it in the night before....

The portable version should fit in the pontoon pocket, but you'll be sacrificing that space. Something I can't afford to lose on a tube. A 12V sealed lead acid battery should last you a few days before it needs a recharge for your finder. The one I picked up at Interstate batteries came somewhat charged already, reading 12.2V when I got on the water at 8:30a.m. It was reading only 11.7V by the time I got off the water at 5p.m.

As to where to mount it? The easiest way is to say just get a RAM mount with a U bolt and clamp it down on the bar I circled in red in the pic below.

Either that, or you can make one out of PVC. I'm thinking one with an 8-9" long piece of tube with a T connector on one end and a X connector on the other, sitting on top of one of the pontoons. Strap the T connector against that horizontal bar in front of the oarlock with a couple zip ties. Then run a strap or rope through the X connector and secure it around one of the pontoons. Then you can mount the finder on top of the X connector. Just a thought.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast