Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: should Government tell a Business who to sell to and who they cant?

Default should Government tell a Business who to sell to and who they cant?

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by Tom; 01-24-2015 at 10:25 PM.

Well now.

Sue the business for discriminatory practices? Absolutely.

Sue the owner personally? No way.

But yeah Tom - if I were you, I'd think twice before putting that sign up in your window:

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Absolutely, it's fair. The business owner should not be personally liable but the business should be forced to comply with anti-discrimination laws.

What if because of my religion, I hate people from a certain country or of other religious faiths or any other number of asinine beliefs.....should I be allowed to discriminate against them because my magic book says so?
    Last edited by PokerFish; 01-15-2015 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    Yeah, you can't sue someone for being a d!ck.

But, you can find this business on Yelp and post a nice review! http://www.yelp.com/biz/arlenes-flowers-richland

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    Sue the business for discriminatory practices? Absolutely.

I agree. You are free to hold any personal beliefs you want but you are not allowed to discriminate in a place of business because of them.

Quote Originally Posted by PokerFish View Post
    I agree. You are free to hold any personal beliefs you want but you are not allowed to discriminate in a place of business because of them.
    If she isn't a corporately protected entity, I believe she as the owner is personally responsible. That's what a corporate shield is for...

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    What ever happened to 'turn the other cheek' and 'those without sin cast the first stone'? Also, how are you or anyone else supposed to judge another when Christ supposedly said God is the judge... Consistency is part of the Christian faith, is it not?

She has a right to her views, and others have the right to disagree with them. When you operate a "public" business, you have no right to allow your "personal beliefs" to intrude and discriminate under the law.

You are also not immune to the consequences of your actions. Boycotts are completely appropriate as a response. If you speak against others, don't cry when you are spoken against.

John
    Last edited by John Harper; 01-15-2015 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pcuser View Post
    If she isn't a corporately protected entity, I believe she as the owner is personally responsible. That's what a corporate shield is for...
    I understand the legalities of protection afforded under a business entity (like a LLC) but my comment was more about what's "right." Many small business owners have no personal liability protection since they operate as sole proprietorships or general partnerships for cost or other reasons.

I think the goal of the lawsuit should be to make the business comply with anti-discrimination laws, not ruin the owner financially.

So most of you feel that Government tell you what you who and who you cannot sell to is a Good thing??
    How the country has changed. it used to be if you chose not to Sell or Work for someone then it is your loss..the people could go else where
    Just wondering how much Government intrusion That you all are comfortable with

So all government laws are right??

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast