Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Striper Report and Swimbait Question

My no picture or it didn't happen post was in jest to Seal. If Seal said it happened you can take it to the bank that it happened, some here not so much. Very nice fish indeed and welcome to the jungle..
    With the ever changing water level at Mead every trip must be a new adventure and quite challenging.

Those are some nice fish there NevadaE.

Don't get the Lexa. It SUCKed !!!!

increase the budget a little it will save you in the long run Diawa has a new swimbait rod out for 100 the reel is where you wanna spend a little more cheaper reels will go out throwing these big baits and will bird nest alot more easily which in long run can cost you a bait to the water gods and swimbaiting is not really for the penny pincher the lexa is OK I have one but the Luna is where it's at shimano also has a nice bait caster for around 199 the Calcutta I believe

If your looking for a cheaper good reel get a Shimano Cardiff . It's a great started reel. As for rods if your looking to save money I would recommend buying a used one on one of the numerous swimbait Facebook pages or even here from time to time. As far as swimbaits for the wood I've noticed that they will hit most swimbaits being thrown it's just about patience and casting till your arms fall off lol a good cheap swimbait I would recommend is a bbz floater . During these winter months just slow it down a bit and be patient . Good luck

Thanks a lot. It does get challenging at times but there are some areas that produce on a somewhat regular basis. I am hoping to explore other areas this spring and summer. They look promising.
    Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    My no picture or it didn't happen post was in jest to Seal. If Seal said it happened you can take it to the bank that it happened, some here not so much. Very nice fish indeed and welcome to the jungle..
    With the ever changing water level at Mead every trip must be a new adventure and quite challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by sealclubber View Post
    Silverwood striper laugh at my swimbaits.
    Lololololll....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123