Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A $6,300 question

Default A $6,300 question

What percentage of the U.S. population would return this wallet as in this story.
    https://gma.yahoo.com/lost-wallet-6-...201047752.html

I found a wallet in the street years ago and it had a little over a $100 bucks in it and a not yet cashed pay check in it with full ID. I took it to the police department and they took down my phone number and address. I am sure they found the owner of the wallet but never even got a thank you from them. Oh well I did the right thing.

Quote Originally Posted by old pudd fisher View Post
    I found a wallet in the street years ago and it had a little over a $100 bucks in it and a not yet cashed pay check in it with full ID. I took it to the police department and they took down my phone number and address. I am sure they found the owner of the wallet but never even got a thank you from them. Oh well I did the right thing.
    I found one maybe 20 years ago with maybe $300 cash with ID. I simply called the owner and took it to him. That way, no one in the store where I found it couldn't pocket it. I'm not surprised you did the right thing, OPF. You seem like that kind of guy. I think most people would do the right thing.

Might think about doing a drive by to check out his crib.
    Big mansion with fancy cars might make one think about it ?

Naw.........Its not my stuff.
    Last edited by old pudd fisher; 01-14-2015 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DockRat View Post
    Might think about doing a drive by to check out his crib.
    Big mansion with fancy cars might make one think about it ?
    Why? It's still his money. I wouldn't keep it. It's not right...

Quote Originally Posted by old pudd fisher View Post
    Naw.........Its not my stuff.
    I didn't see your response before I responded. However, we are right. It is his stuff...

the only thing that bothers me sometimes is that if you do the right thing, you don't even get a thanx you.

You don't do the right thing for the thanks, you do the right thing because it's the right thing to do. I was brought up old school to do the right thing even when no one is watching. We also didn't get participation trophies we had to earn them......

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    You don't do the right thing for the thanks, you do the right thing because it's the right thing to do. I was brought up old school to do the right thing even when no one is watching. We also didn't get participation trophies we had to earn them......
    Exactly...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast