Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Lake Mead Updates Anyone???

Default Lake Mead Updates Anyone???

Haven't been on the lake in over 6 months. Wondering if anyone has a recent report, say within last 30 days.

Buddy was out yesterday, completely dead. Fished out of Boulder and paddled down towards Hemenway. The water was very muddy over in the 33 hole area, he stopped and took a look. Few days ago they were getting them down in the wash on live shad fished at 100ft or so. I'd be prepared to vertical jig or net live shad and fish them deep.

I went on Christmas day it was too windy and hard to fish so went again last week lots of boil at government wash cove fish were to small to take the lure but manage to caught couple on anchovies. Nothing over a lbs tho..
    Last edited by chunlaye2272; 01-13-2015 at 09:05 AM.

Glad to hear they were still up a couple weeks ago since I'll be out there in a couple weeks. Although a couple weeks ago there was still small boils going on at Silverwood, hoping the cold snap didn't send um deep till spring at Mead, I tend to doubt it and with mild weather on the forecast maybe they'll come back up.

Friend told me that they were getting 2.5 to 3 pounds in the wash a few days ago so bigger fish are there, somewhere....

Thanksgiving was a blast toke our friends out for the first time there never caught stripe bass in his life. First three cast hook up he can't believe it how much fish in this lake. Caught over 92 fish's in three hour later we take them on a tour around the lake lots of birds activities show him in deep finder see fish underneath was just amazing. fun fun fun time. hope to do it again in May( memorial day)..