Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Carlsbad for the weekend

Default Carlsbad for the weekend

Spent the weekend in Carlsbad with my family, my parents, and my sis and her family. For Christmas my folks took us all to LEGOLAND. We had a blast! Great park for the kids, but I have to say, if they weren't paying for it I don't think we'd go, insanely expensive (more than Disneyland)!

Unfortunately, I didn't get to make it to the beach for any surf fishing. However, we stayed with my Grandma who lives in a retirement commuting that has a small pond with some bass and catfish. I took my two older kids and my 4 nephews over to fish for awhile on Friday. Most of them caught fish and had lots of fun together! Wish I had gotten some pics, but I couldn't because I was too busy running back and forth baiting, casting, and untangling lines, but did get some good exersize :D
    When they were all done, my second to youngest son woke up from his nap and was ready for his turn. He's 3, and had to do everything himself LOL.
    After a few minute he got a bite, I helped him set the hook and he did everything else.

He's a natural, he started doing the "lift and reel" all on his own. He kept telling me "It's so heavy dad!" He finally got it to the back where I lipped it for a quick pic and he grabbed it by the lip and threw it back in.
    Great memories :)

Way to go Dad. What a lovely family and a young son who's already a "stick"!

Thanks!
    I am truly blessed :)

Way to get the kids out there fishin!

Great job, taking kids fishing can be a great work out especially when they're biting .

Nice largie!

You're making a fisherman and a friend for life.