Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Howdy

Default Howdy

Well I am new to California and to salt water fishing. I am from Iowa originally and transferred out here to the Ventura area for the Navy. I have been fishing since I was a little kid mostly for catfish and various pan fish. The last few years I did a lot of walleye fishing and some bass fishing. I am planning to do some kayak fishing here this summer when I get back on land. I want to take the opportunity to learn and experience some salt water fishing with my time here on the west coast. I have gone on a few day trips with channel islands. Any advice on the area, kayak fishing, or just some general information about fishing saltwater vice fresh water would be welcomed. Have a great day and I look forward to seeing you out on the water and seeing your posts.

Welcome to the site and Cali.
    Im sure some of the yakers will chime in and help get you dialed in. Thank you for your service.
    Tight lines
    Last edited by Fishbones; 01-10-2015 at 01:48 PM.