Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: trout?

Quote Originally Posted by kwin View Post
    predation by what? People? not many reporting targeting or catching trout in the creel surveys. Birds? negligible. LMB/SB/CF? The SB population is 95% 5-7 lbers which can't quite eat a lot of trout or a lot of what we've been putting in. They will chase them around and try to eat them but I think their gape limitation minimizes predation. Their relative weights are also not good (74 average) where 95-100 is considered good. The LMB pop'n is mostly 2-4 lbs and they are also mostly too small to eat a lot of what has been put in recently, which have been 1/2-3 lb BT's by CDFW and 1 lb and larger Lassen RBT's the marina purchases. Based on this I would say predation rates are mediocre. There should be a decent amount of trout to be caught if anyone targets them.
    Their relative weights are also not good (74 average) where 95-100 is considered good. The LMB pop'n is mostly 2-4 lbs and they are also mostly too small to eat a lot of what has been put in recently, which have been 1/2-3 lb BT's by CDFW
    Thanks for the Brownie info. As for the rw's, that seems par for the course for what I've been catching at DVL for some time. Sure, there's the very occasional fat, plump pig who seem to have a hidden stash of forage, but they are farther and fewer between these days. Those relative weight #'s stink...
    Last edited by HawgZWylde; 01-11-2015 at 05:06 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12