Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: trout?

Default trout?

any idea when more trout are coming? wife wants to go trout fishing because they are "pretty"...haha, looks like i'll buying some power bait. thanks for any info.

also, any tips or spots would be appreciated as well.

Mt Lassen will be stocking us with 1500lbs of rainbow tomorrow the 6th! Saw that posted a few days ago .. As far as where they put the trout I am not sure . I hear a lot of people talking about the Marina so maybe you can try there

CDFW planted 2 days ago

Quote Originally Posted by kwin View Post
    CDFW planted 2 days ago
    Kwin,

What's the predation rates of stocked trout as of late?

Quote Originally Posted by Misfitdog View Post
    Mt Lassen will be stocking us with 1500lbs of rainbow tomorrow the 6th! Saw that posted a few days ago .. As far as where they put the trout I am not sure . I hear a lot of people talking about the Marina so maybe you can try there
    Lassen were stocked in the marina on last Tuesday, the 6th. Lassen are always stocked in the marina. DFG stocks in various places around the lake. It's up to Kwin where they are placed...

Quote Originally Posted by kwin View Post
    CDFW planted 2 days ago

Still stocking Brownies right?

thanks for the info guys.

predation by what? People? not many reporting targeting or catching trout in the creel surveys. Birds? negligible. LMB/SB/CF? The SB population is 95% 5-7 lbers which can't quite eat a lot of trout or a lot of what we've been putting in. They will chase them around and try to eat them but I think their gape limitation minimizes predation. Their relative weights are also not good (74 average) where 95-100 is considered good. The LMB pop'n is mostly 2-4 lbs and they are also mostly too small to eat a lot of what has been put in recently, which have been 1/2-3 lb BT's by CDFW and 1 lb and larger Lassen RBT's the marina purchases. Based on this I would say predation rates are mediocre. There should be a decent amount of trout to be caught if anyone targets them.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Kwin,

What's the predation rates of stocked trout as of late?

Kwin thanks for the info it is much appreciated. It seems that the creel count is down on all species everywhere do you concur?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast