Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My First S.W.A.T. Report For 2015:

Default My First S.W.A.T. Report For 2015:

I was hoping to start the New Year off with the capture & healthy release of a legal halibut. Poseidon was kind enough to reward me with my request, we're off to a good start!

Lure: Lucky Craft 110 Flash Minnow (metallic sardine)

New Stick (about time lol) Okuma Celio 8' 6" medium action model# CE-S-862Ma

Reel: Shimano Stradic Ci4 size 2500

Line: 20# green PowerPro

Hopefully be out again soon, thanks for reading!

Kelly
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	303 
Size:	58.3 KB 
ID:	45520   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	48.6 KB 
ID:	45521  

Nice job Kelly!
    Don and I tried to get some legals this morning, but it wasn't meant to be.
    Nice way to start the New Year..
    Robert
    <><

Hi ya remington,

"Congratulations" on beaching your first of many legals to come in 2015!

Who knows what Poseidon will have in store for you next!
    I definitely look forward to reading all about your catches over the next 51 weeks remaining in this season!

You are off to a great start Kelly! WTG!!

Thanx for the fish report and that is a great pic of you and your fish ... indeed!

SP Dan ~~~~~ <"))><

Hi Kelly:

That is great! You got new gear and you broke it in real good too - a legal to start the year off right

I've tried a couple of times this week to start off my 2015 with well... anything frankly. Mike and I even tried a sundowner last evening. No fish but we did catch an amazing sunset.

Keep at it my brother your awesome

Nick

Well done Kelly.. Many more to come in 2015...

Hi ya Brotha Kelly, (Here's a classic)

I still at times consider myself to be "the Grasshopper" when it comes to those with more experience and vast know-how!

When I first started out throwing the LC ... it wasn't long before I had lost my first one ... and it was totally devastating! ......
    I wanted to stop buying the expensive LC's because I felt that I was throwing my hard earned $ money straight into the ocean .... sigh!

But things began to change .... and once I beached my very first, second and third short Halibut on the LC ..... I became addicted to surf fishing ... the doctor said that I had developed a serious case of "OCFD"! Huh!!! ... and then my whole world changed from that moment on!
    I became driven by forces unknown to me! I started joining fishing clubs and making friends with serious anglers that fished as intensively as I did! My head was spinning!!! My mind was always filled with .... where would I fish next!

As I've developed a deeper sense of reading the surf conditions and predicting where the fish might lay up in ambush .... I have also developed a different sense of fishing courage ... I find that I will now wade chest deep in the surf ... and at times welcoming waves that crash 2, 3, 4 feet above my head ... just to dentally cast way deep into the kelp beds for that opening, I bravely cast with confidence much tighter to and inside of treacherous boilers for the Halibut's ambush spots and at times scrapping the tops of reefs in search of my drug .... my targeted species ... for that one huge SLAM on the lure to happen!
    I find that I would be willing to risk every LC I own in search of "The LEGAL!" Yes ... I've got it bad!

So .... if you are nervous about catching a bad case of the "OCFD" (Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder) ... stop now ... and hand over all of your LC's to me before it's too late. For me .... it's too late!

But if you've already been bit by "OCFD" ... I can help you! I have been medically trained!

Here is the prescription to ease your symptoms:

Step one: Go down to your favorite fishing hole at first gray light an make three precision fan cast.

If you don't feel an immediate sense of relief ... or a solid line pull ... please proceed to Step two.

Step two: Repeat Step one as many time as necessary until a calming comes over you! Ha ha ha!

The Moral of my long story is: This was all because of the .... LC! We will never stop losing them ... ever!!

Have a lot of fun, catch a lot of fish and CPR as often as you can .... Poseidon will reward you!

Thank you for your excellent fish report with pic!

SP Dan ~~~~~ <"))><

Quote Originally Posted by murrieta angler View Post
    Nice job Kelly!
    Don and I tried to get some legals this morning, but it wasn't meant to be.
    Nice way to start the New Year..
    Robert
    <><
    Thank you Robert. I thought for sure you all were going to hammer them & I was wishing that I could've been there too!

Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by SP Dan View Post
    Hi ya remington,

"Congratulations" on beaching your first of many legals to come in 2015!

Who knows what Poseidon will have in store for you next!
    I definitely look forward to reading all about your catches over the next 51 weeks remaining in this season!

You are off to a great start Kelly! WTG!!

Thanx for the fish report and that is a great pic of you and your fish ... indeed!

SP Dan ~~~~~ <"))><
    Thanks brother Dan. I'm getting the halibut "bug" again, let's fish my friend!

Quote Originally Posted by anchor3n1 View Post
    Hi Kelly:

That is great! You got new gear and you broke it in real good too - a legal to start the year off right

I've tried a couple of times this week to start off my 2015 with well... anything frankly. Mike and I even tried a sundowner last evening. No fish but we did catch an amazing sunset.

Keep at it my brother your awesome

Nick
    Thank you Nick! I hope you & Mike can make it down my way soon as I would very much like to share the sand with you both!

Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by jerryG View Post
    Well done Kelly.. Many more to come in 2015...
    Thank you Jerry & great fishing with you, let's do it again soon!

Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by SP Dan View Post
    Hi ya Brotha Kelly, (Here's a classic)

I still at times consider myself to be "the Grasshopper" when it comes to those with more experience and vast know-how!

When I first started out throwing the LC ... it wasn't long before I had lost my first one ... and it was totally devastating! ......
    I wanted to stop buying the expensive LC's because I felt that I was throwing my hard earned $ money straight into the ocean .... sigh!

But things began to change .... and once I beached my very first, second and third short Halibut on the LC ..... I became addicted to surf fishing ... the doctor said that I had developed a serious case of "OCFD"! Huh!!! ... and then my whole world changed from that moment on!
    I became driven by forces unknown to me! I started joining fishing clubs and making friends with serious anglers that fished as intensively as I did! My head was spinning!!! My mind was always filled with .... where would I fish next!

As I've developed a deeper sense of reading the surf conditions and predicting where the fish might lay up in ambush .... I have also developed a different sense of fishing courage ... I find that I will now wade chest deep in the surf ... and at times welcoming waves that crash 2, 3, 4 feet above my head ... just to dentally cast way deep into the kelp beds for that opening, I bravely cast with confidence much tighter to and inside of treacherous boilers for the Halibut's ambush spots and at times scrapping the tops of reefs in search of my drug .... my targeted species ... for that one huge SLAM on the lure to happen!
    I find that I would be willing to risk every LC I own in search of "The LEGAL!" Yes ... I've got it bad!

So .... if you are nervous about catching a bad case of the "OCFD" (Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder) ... stop now ... and hand over all of your LC's to me before it's too late. For me .... it's too late!

But if you've already been bit by "OCFD" ... I can help you! I have been medically trained!

Here is the prescription to ease your symptoms:

Step one: Go down to your favorite fishing hole at first gray light an make three precision fan cast.

If you don't feel an immediate sense of relief ... or a solid line pull ... please proceed to Step two.

Step two: Repeat Step one as many time as necessary until a calming comes over you! Ha ha ha!

The Moral of my long story is: This was all because of the .... LC! We will never stop losing them ... ever!!

Have a lot of fun, catch a lot of fish and CPR as often as you can .... Poseidon will reward you!

Thank you for your excellent fish report with pic!

SP Dan ~~~~~ <"))><
    LMFAO...priceless brother!

Kelly

Thumbs up

Great job Kelly! Looks like you're off and running early in the New Year.

Nice job on the legal, I'm sure we'll be seeing many more...

Quote Originally Posted by remington View Post

Line: 20# green PowerPro
    Nice way to start the year!

I haven't caught anything on the LC yet but had a close call with a snag last trip. I have been using 12lb mono but want to beef up the line to avoid a lost LC.

For you guys using braid, do you tie directly to the lure or are you using a leader?

Quote Originally Posted by PokerFish View Post
    Nice way to start the year!

I haven't caught anything on the LC yet but had a close call with a snag last trip. I have been using 12lb mono but want to beef up the line to avoid a lost LC.

For you guys using braid, do you tie directly to the lure or are you using a leader?
    6 turn Uni direct, no leader. I use this for jigs, cranks, jerks, and even 7 plus ounce swimbaits.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast