Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Trout were hiding a bit at LNL

Default Trout were hiding a bit at LNL

Got a call yesterday from my good friend Jared to hit up LNL. I have to admit I was a bit reluctant, not because of the fishing, but because I've been under the weather for a week now. My friend Jared assured me he wouldn't laugh at me for being dressed up like an eskimo hiding under a blanket all day in the boat. Arrived to a big crowd in line at 5:30 am in the sport complex parking lot. As I was looking for my friend Jared's car, I was turning a lot of heads in the other cards. (I just made a joke to myself) "Best fishermen in the lake walking by, get a good look at him." lol You do need to have a lot of confidence in yourself or your in trouble.

Hit the lake at 6:30 am in a boat and headed for the launch ramp area in zone 4. (This was the area Jared caught 13 of his 23 last week.) After about 45 minutes we only caught 1 and were ready to move. I still think this was a good spot for the shore guy's were catching them. The problem we were running into was all the float tubers going back and forth right over our baits. We headed directly back in the corner of 3 pipes. Now this was a nice quiet area and we have been doing well all year here. We already knew what they wanted, a power mouse dipped in garlic on a 6 inch leader. We now started getting a slow pick on some nice #2 lbs hard fighting Chalk Mound trout. These fish really do fight well!!!!

We were using some kind of a derivate of a white power mouse. All white, white with a pink head and pink/white. We did notice the lake was packed, all the boats were out and the shoreline was full. So with all this coverage, surely someone would stumble on the mother load of fish. (unfortunately we never saw it) So it was pretty even on the fishing, I would catch a fish Jared would then catch a fish. On fish number 3, I set the hook and it felt a little heavy. Most of them felt a little heavy on my 5 foot kencor rod, I turned this one pretty quick and had him under the boat pretty fast. I got a quick look at him and said, "Holy Crap he's big!!!!" Now the real fight started, up and under the boat he went and after about 5 minutes he was dead tired floating on his side. Jared got some nice pictures of him and with a quick release we were able to let him go, without even touching him or netting him. Well that got me pretty excited. We thought let's go look around to see if we can find a BIG WAD of fish. We were going to try places that no one else had tried. We ended up deep in the inlet and hooked caught and lost equaling of limits for the day but not much after that. The rest of the lake shore or boat caught some fish, but certainly not wide open. You talk about getting spoiled, limits for both of us a DD Trout and I would only call that fair fishing at best!!!!! Till the next time tight lines and good luck!!!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 12-30-2014 at 07:37 PM.

Sounds like a great day. Where are the pics??

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillyak View Post
    Sounds like a great day. Where are the pics??
    I'm pretty picture stupid!!!! However, Jared use to post under Allanon, "I'll see if he will post one!!!"
    Last edited by etucker1959; 12-30-2014 at 08:43 PM.