Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: LNL Report (12/24/14)

Default LNL Report (12/24/14)

My buddy and I got to LNL around 6 and there was already a line of cars. Didn't know where to go since it was our first time at LNL, but the guy in the shop (Rick?) told us to head over towards the launch ramp.

Got our lines in the water and from 6:15 AM - 11 AM, the guys to our left would get hooked up, then the guys to our right, and it would just keep alternating between them... Meanwhile, my buddy and I were doing the exact same things as them, but we wouldn't get any bites!!

Around 11 the group to our left has limits and leaves with some nice stringers! We move over to their spot and a few minutes in, I get a hookup! After a crazy fight, I was shocked when I saw it come out of the water... It was HUGE! Definitely the largest trout I have ever caught! Went for 8.5 pounds on the scale!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LNL.jpg 
Views:	385 
Size:	104.2 KB 
ID:	45476

My friend and I both limited in the next 2-3 hours on mouse tails.

Great day on the water! Definitely coming back!

Yah it's amazing how one person finds the group of fish like that. I was there yesterday from 11 to 230. Got 2 bites in an hour and a half then rented a boat. Found them and got 10 in an hour and a half with another boat next to me getting literally one bite in that span

Nice catch!

Quote Originally Posted by bighuff View Post
    Yah it's amazing how one person finds the group of fish like that. I was there yesterday from 11 to 230. Got 2 bites in an hour and a half then rented a boat. Found them and got 10 in an hour and a half with another boat next to me getting literally one bite in that span
    Yeah I'm not sure what was happening since guys on our left and right would keep getting hooked up but we weren't getting anything... But it's all good after landing my largest trout! :)

Nice man! Im thinking of going out there on Monday with the tube. I havent been to that lake since 2010.

Nicely done, congrats on the nice fish...gotta get over to LNL!

TD

Wanna hit this lake soon. What's the crowd like on sat?