Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Religion in America...

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    The existence of a historical Jesus doesn't necessarily support the biblical portrayal of Jesus, particularly (but not only) on issues of divinity.
    1. Sources?

2. Why or why not?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    1. Sources?

2. Why or why not?
    1. The KJV is a good starting point.

2. It's falls upon the believers of the divine to offer evidence supporting their beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkbait View Post
    I can't help you read. Caligula, Julius Caesar and Genghis Kahn didn't exist either then right? 9/11 a sham too?
    I don't know what to say. I guess when your mind is made up its made up.
    I have read many books referencing these historical figures. I've also read a lot about religion and Jesus. That still doesn't make Jesus an historical figure, certainly not divine. Caligula, Julius Caesar, and Genghis Khan all show up in records from their times. We have records mentioning them by name. Nothing is written about Jesus except for and from the Bible, which is a third person account written many decades after he supposedly lived. Actually, I believe Jesus may well have been a real person. We can't however prove that, and you cannot prove he was divine.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkbait View Post
    I can't help you read. Caligula, Julius Caesar and Genghis Kahn didn't exist either then right? 9/11 a sham too?
    I don't know what to say. I guess when your mind is made up its made up.
    And here is the kind of story you find if you look for it. Speculation based on faith that he existed...

https://gma.yahoo.com/archaeologists...opstories.html

Oh good the unholy trinity is having their usual group grope. Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Oh good the unholy trinity is having their usual group grope. Merry Christmas!
    And a happy holidays to you... Though, I don't think you're welcome to the group grope...

Sorry atheist orgy's are not my thing but you guys go ahead and enjoy your little group lov'n, at least you won't have to concern yourselves with God's wrath, although knowing Quagga's involved I'd wear some protection. Peace!

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Sorry atheist orgy's are not my thing but you guys go ahead and enjoy your little group lov'n, at least you won't have to concern yourselves with God's wrath, although knowing Quagga's involved I'd wear some protection. Peace!
    I'm far from an atheist.

In fact, the Mayan religion believes in many Gods.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    I'm far from an atheist.

In fact, the Mayan religion believes in many Gods.
    I don't think they approve of many gods either.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by Tom; 01-24-2015 at 10:33 PM.

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast