Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Religion in America...

Default Religion in America...

This explains why conservatives want to keep rights away from so many in this country. The opening of ones eyes to the wider world causes the religious scales to fall away, allowing one to see clearly. This piece also shows how easily creation mythology falls away when one is educated and open minded. This in a general sense. There are those who stubbornly resist the obvious and continue to clutch to their mythology...

http://www.salon.com/2014/12/20/were...an_secularism/
    Last edited by pcuser; 12-21-2014 at 08:52 AM.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by Tom; 01-24-2015 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Merry Christmas Pcuser. Hope you have a Great day celebrating the day our Lord and Savior was Born
    Since there is no Lord or Savior, it's simply another day. Though, it evolved from a day for recognizing the winter solstice, a heathen occasion, I guess...

At what point are we allowed to respectfully request a banning of this ahole? Is it that time yet? Are we getting close?

For God's sake please! Sorry probably shouldn't have used God in this request. For EVERYBODY'S sake (even those that don't believe) please get rid of this waste of oxygen!!!!

I have toned down my poltical post because its x mas and the holidays.i dont care if youre an athesist there nothing wrong with that. But i do wonder why you guys support christ by shopping on the xmas and easter sales

Quote Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
    I have toned down my poltical post because its x mas and the holidays.i dont care if youre an athesist there nothing wrong with that. But i do wonder why you guys support christ by shopping on the xmas and easter sales
    We are smart enough to take advantage of a sale if it's offered. Though, I don't want to fight the crowds, so why bother most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    At what point are we allowed to respectfully request a banning of this ahole? Is it that time yet? Are we getting close?

For God's sake please! Sorry probably shouldn't have used God in this request. For EVERYBODY'S sake (even those that don't believe) please get rid of this waste of oxygen!!!!
    Sooo.... Since I have a different outlook on life than you do, I should be shut down. Where are your moral convictions now... You know, if we all believed the same, the world would be a pretty boring place...

By the way Seal, I am open to the possibility that I'm incorrect in my beliefs. Anyone who believes he or she is always correct is a fool, indeed. Though I will be diligent in expressing and standing up for those beliefs, as I expect you and yours to be. Besides, one of the reasons I believe in no religion is because I have an open and interested mind about life and our place in it. That should really be celebrated by both believers and non-believers.

And here's another view on all this. Though, I'm a little uncomfortable with being called the 'intelligentsia'. I think most people have talents. It's simply that our talents are in different areas. Thus, we are very different in our realities. That's what makes the world go round.

http://www.salon.com/2014/12/21/reli...bsolute_faith/

You are a piece of crap that only intends to inflame and demean others, it has absolutely nothing to do with a discussion or stating your beliefs. If it did you would not use the words you do. It is one thing to state one's opinion on this subject it is another to use the language you do to instigate my type of response.

Your post was made at this time for a reason, it was to get a maximum amount of anger from some of us, you succeeded. My respect for the mods has me toning down my response, believe me I wish I could say everything I want to right now but if I did the banning I'm seeking would be my own.

I am not the perfect Christian, who is, thoughts about you are certainly no where near what God would want them to be. Nobody on this site that has similar views and has expressed them has angered me even a little you on the other hand have accomplished what you set out to accomplish pissing people off, well at least me, congratulations on your victory!
    Last edited by seal; 12-22-2014 at 06:06 AM.

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast