Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: 1st Squad, 3rd Platoon

Default 1st Squad, 3rd Platoon

In August 2005, Marine Lance Cpl. Travis Williams and his squad were sent on a rescue mission in Barwanah, Iraq. En route, their vehicle was hit by a roadside bomb. Of Travis' entire 12-person team, he alone survived. Here, Travis reflects on the hours and days after the explosion, as well as his life now, and pays tribute to the men he left behind.

Quote Originally Posted by DockRat View Post
    In August 2005, Marine Lance Cpl. Travis Williams and his squad were sent on a rescue mission in Barwanah, Iraq. En route, their vehicle was hit by a roadside bomb. Of Travis' entire 12-person team, he alone survived. Here, Travis reflects on the hours and days after the explosion, as well as his life now, and pays tribute to the men he left behind.

I feel sorry for the guy I don't know what to say. Coming from a military family and having friends who did time in Iraq and Afghanistan I just want to tell those who protest and say they support our troops to shove it up their A23. I am not going to bring politics into this but you know who you are. They never say any of the positive things that our troops do over there. For example one of my friends is a combat engineer his unit built bridges and schools, gave food to the needy. provided security for the people, treated the ill and etc.
    Last edited by Bucket; 12-20-2014 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DockRat View Post

Good one DR I liked it.