Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Green Valley Lake Report

Default Green Valley Lake Report

Hit up GVL...parts of it is frozen. Real pretty up there. Snow is beautiful. Very chilly...wear your jackets for sure!

Fished for about 2 hours and caught 4...2 small ones...2 nice sized ones. 2 of them caught using chunky cheese garlic with extra love sauce and added more glitter. 2 of the others were caught on inflated pinched nightcrawler with glitter and love sauce on a 4 foot leader. Long leader.

Got cold so I took off. It was nice and beautiful...quiet too. I am going to go back up again hopefully during the week again.

I fished Big Bear and GVL this week. Caught nothing at BBL. Both are free right now but for those of you who haven't fished GVL during the winter are missing out.

Nice to hear a report from GVL.

Will be heading up there next week.

Nice report! Beautiful Lake, Caught 4 fish and it was quiet ?? doesn't get any better than that
    I will be taking a trip out there soon
    thanks for the update

I've seen some big ones come out of that little lake,thanks for the report!

Cya Tuna Vic

Default Inflated PC?

Quote Originally Posted by The Walking Trout View Post
    Hit up GVL...parts of it is frozen. Real pretty up there. Snow is beautiful. Very chilly...wear your jackets for sure!

Fished for about 2 hours and caught 4...2 small ones...2 nice sized ones. 2 of them caught using chunky cheese garlic with extra love sauce and added more glitter. 2 of the others were caught on inflated pinched nightcrawler with glitter and love sauce on a 4 foot leader. Long leader.

Got cold so I took off. It was nice and beautiful...quiet too. I am going to go back up again hopefully during the week again.

I fished Big Bear and GVL this week. Caught nothing at BBL. Both are free right now but for those of you who haven't fished GVL during the winter are missing out. Don't they float already?
    .................................................. ......................

"Inflated pinch crawler" ??? I must have missed something (again?) ... Do they need to be floated?

"inflated"

Quote Originally Posted by billy b View Post
    .................................................. ......................

"Inflated pinch crawler" ??? I must have missed something (again?) ... Do they need to be floated?
    Yep. I cut it in half and then I shoot up parts of the crawler to bubble up a little bit. Doesn't need much air to float off the bottom...as long as it has a couple of bubbles...it worked for me. Lucky I guess.

Yes it was very nice to be up there. Beautiful...I believe in sharing a bit of my experience when I can. Why keep it secret? I won't be up there for awhile and if it gives others a chance to enjoy themselves, why the hell not???

Not many reports lately. Either people aren't fishing or everything is a secret.

i think many people stayed away from GVL this year. Not as good as fish are being plant as they use to, Still great place to fish thats for sure. Ive never been up there this time a year. Usually we go when its over 100 degrees in the IE

I agree that GVL fish planting this year and last year sucked. I caught dinkers galore. I even caught one probably at .25 pounds...the kind of size that you catch at West Fork that fits in your hand.

Plus GVL can get so crowded during the summer time. Try the winter time especially with snow on the ground. Absolutely beautiful. I actually prefer winter fishing up there.

Give GVL a try in the winter. You might get a big surprise and catch a 6 pounder! Unfortunately, since the lake is closed, you won't be able to claim your 6 pound catch GVL tshirt...a major drawback to fishing in the winter!!!

I thought GVL was closed? How do you fish there then?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast