Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: best Diamond Valley Lake guide?

Default best Diamond Valley Lake guide?

Hi all,
    I am looking to buy a gift certificate for my step father for a guided Diamond Valley Lake session. We have had very limited success using wacky senkos and I would really like my step father to learn a little and enjoy a successful day of fishing. Any recommendations on the best guide for Diamond Valley? Mainly looking to fish bass but open to anything.
    Thank you for any guidance

Art Hill would be my pick. Art might also suggest a different lake to allow your stepfather to experience all of the different techniques of Bass fishing and put him on fish at the same time.

http://www.dvguideservice.com/
    Last edited by DEVOREFLYER; 12-09-2014 at 06:21 PM.

Pete Marino he's a sponsor on this forum check out his post

Thank you very much for the replies!

Both are great DVL Guides. But if you were buying me a gift cert. I would love to get one from Pete
    To book a trip or to ask any questions call him up or email him! Very Friendly

Phone: 909-510-5679 Pete Marino

Email: petemarinoguideservice@yahoo.com GIFT CERTIFICATES AVAILABLE !!

http://www.petemarinoguideservice.com/

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    Art Hill would be my pick. Art might also suggest a different lake to allow your stepfather to experience all of the different techniques of Bass fishing and put him on fish at the same time.

http://www.dvguideservice.com/
    Thank you very much for the recommendation, it is very much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by ART HILL View Post
    Thank you very much for the recommendation, it is very much appreciated.
    Lol, hey, look who's a lurkn'...

Art I know this isn't a Vail thread but what's happening with the future of Vail? Last I heard there was uncertainty in whether there will be access to the fishery. Anything been settled yet?

I reccommend Pete as well. He is an awesome guide and very friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by HawgZWylde View Post
    Lol, hey, look who's a lurkn'...

Art I know this isn't a Vail thread but what's happening with the future of Vail? Last I heard there was uncertainty in whether there will be access to the fishery. Anything been settled yet?
    Yeah I am a lurker, it's how I learn to fish. I am alive and well, just flying low under the radar. I stay out of trouble that way.

Vail Lake is very much alive and well, and now the property of Rancho California Water District. My membership is good until next September, and after that I am not to sure what is going to happen. I am betting the lake will open to the public in the future. The water level is very low, but still able to launch.

If this winter is anything like last winter, then Vail Lake will go off big time. Last winter the bass bite was insane. When other lakes were slow, we were crushing the fish at Vail Lake. Not many members left now, and the numbers are falling off each month. Not much trouble finding spots to fish. Some days I am the only boat on the lake.

Quote Originally Posted by ART HILL View Post
    Yeah I am a lurker, it's how I learn to fish. I am alive and well, just flying low under the radar. I stay out of trouble that way.

Vail Lake is very much alive and well, and now the property of Rancho California Water District. My membership is good until next September, and after that I am not to sure what is going to happen. I am betting the lake will open to the public in the future. The water level is very low, but still able to launch.

If this winter is anything like last winter, then Vail Lake will go off big time. Last winter the bass bite was insane. When other lakes were slow, we were crushing the fish at Vail Lake. Not many members left now, and the numbers are falling off each month. Not much trouble finding spots to fish. Some days I am the only boat on the lake.
    Geez, you got your own pig trough there Art. Fall, winter, spring or summer they gotta eat right? I've got mixed feelings about the lake going public. On one hand, I'd hate to lose a good Bass fishery in so cal. On the other, I'd hate to see what would become of it if it's opened up to all. I got my arse handed to me the one time I did get to fish it and I've got to get back there again sometime for redemption, lol.

Good to hear your alive and well Art, hope to see you there soon...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast