Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Lnl 12/14

Default Lnl 12/14

If you haven't been to LNL this year; it is wise to give it a try. Started fishing from shore around 6:15 am completed my limited by 11:45. I probably would have had my limit sooner but had three break my 2lb line. However, I was the slow one. Everyone on the shoreline next to me limited and most of them bought extra passes to double limit. 4 guys double limited by the time I had my single limit. Another guy caught his limit in about 2 hours with 2 of his fish weighing over 7 lbs. He had an epic day. After the first wave left another group of fishermen picked up where they left off. By the time I had all my things packed up they were bringing in fish. All the fish were decent with no dinks. Those Nebraska Tailwalkers are some hard fighting fish. I didn't take any photos because I know they will post some of them on their website this week. Definitely worth giving a try if you want to catch some fish. They are doing a great job stocking this year and right now the lake is on fire.

Tight lines everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Limit Time View Post
    If you haven't been to LNL this year; it is wise to give it a try. Started fishing from shore around 6:15 am completed my limited by 11:45. I probably would have had my limit sooner but had three break my 2lb line. However, I was the slow one. Everyone on the shoreline next to me limited and most of them bought extra passes to double limit. 4 guys double limited by the time I had my single limit. Another guy caught his limit in about 2 hours with 2 of his fish weighing over 7 lbs. He had an epic day. After the first wave left another group of fishermen picked up where they left off. By the time I had all my things packed up they were bringing in fish. All the fish were decent with no dinks. Those Nebraska Tailwalkers are some hard fighting fish. I didn't take any photos because I know they will post some of them on their website this week. Definitely worth giving a try if you want to catch some fish. They are doing a great job stocking this year and right now the lake is on fire.

Tight lines everyone!
    Great report!!!!!! What zone did you fish in???? Or did it really mater??

LNL is cranking out the fish right now, congrats on the limit....definitely looking to wet a line there soon!

TD
    Last edited by troutdog; 12-15-2014 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Great report!!!!!! What zone did you fish in???? Or did it really mater??
    I was in zone 1, but it didn't matter. Some guy came down from zone 2 and told us he double limited also. It is on fire right now with the water temperature dropping.

Quote Originally Posted by Limit Time View Post
    I was in zone 1, but it didn't matter. Some guy came down from zone 2 and told us he double limited also. It is on fire right now with the water temperature dropping.
    That's what I thought!!!! We knew as soon as the water temperate dropped it would be game on. My fishing partner really thought things would start happening this week. He tentatively schedule trips to LNL this Thursday, Friday and Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    That's what I thought!!!! We knew as soon as the water temperate dropped it would be game on. My fishing partner really thought things would start happening this week. He tentatively schedule trips to LNL this Thursday, Friday and Tuesday.
    I don't blame him. It should be wide open after both stocks. Even though the water is stained, they still bite. If it is really muddy, using the drop shot works well. Move the bait in front of them and they will strike. undefined

Just got back today,it's noon on 12/16 two people limited by 930 with a couple troll and jigfish. Still pretty damn good fishing going on after 6 full days since last stock

Quote Originally Posted by bighuff View Post
    Just got back today,it's noon on 12/16 two people limited by 930 with a couple troll and jigfish. Still pretty damn good fishing going on after 6 full days since last stock
    I love trolling that lake. Those electric motors are perfect!

Very cool,we've always done well at that lake,got my PB trout there,thanks for the report!

Cya Tuna Vic