Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Lake Gregory Dec. 12

Default Lake Gregory Dec. 12

My buddy and I fished Gregory from 8am-1pm. Clear skies, air temp was about 40 degrees. We fished spinners and Kastmasters with no bites. Powerbait no bites. Nightcrawlers under a bobber and also a slip bobber, no bites. My buddy got a solid bite on a pink/white mice tail but the fish didnt commit. Slow day all around, but some guys fishing near us caught a few rainbows on chartreuse powerbait, one of them looked to be around 3 lbs. Even with the skunk, Lake Gregory is a bitchen place to get away and spend the day. We didnt see any this morning, but keep an eye out for the bald eagles trying to catch their breakfast...its really cool to see them in person. Better luck next time, we'll be back!!

We're you at the baseball field? Haven't been there since the new management took over. What's the fees now? I'm itching to pay Gregory a visit again. It is a nice play to spend the day up there.

Quote Originally Posted by jaggerbub View Post
    We're you at the baseball field? Haven't been there since the new management took over. What's the fees now? I'm itching to pay Gregory a visit again. It is a nice play to spend the day up there.
    We didnt fish the baseball field this time but we usually do. We started at the dam and worked our way up the east shore. If you park at the baseball field, its 6 bucks...if you park at the dam, its free. Fishing fee is 4 bucks but the problem is that they dont restock the little envelopes. How are we supposed to pay if theres no envelopes?? The DFW doesnt stock there anymore, but it appears the private stockings are yielding way larger fish. There havent been that many noticable changes (except the trash cleanup) since the new mgmt company took over but I think its a work in progress.

Thanks for that bit of info....

Thanks Kingfish for that report.
    We are heading up there next week.