Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Boat el dorado 12-6,2014 san nicolas island

Default Boat el dorado 12-6,2014 san nicolas island

I fished this boat an overnight on the El Dorado Saturday 12-6-14 for rock cod at San Nicolas Island. Had a good time and caught my fish for some great eating. I did not take pictures because I was busy fishing with sun shine and smooth water. We caught lots of fish and there was some big lingers caught also but not by me.
    The boat & crew get a 10 rating or 5 star whatever! These folks did an outstanding job we were put on fish and the customer service was super +.
    The fish filleting on my fish was outstanding & inexpensive. When I got home all I had to do was remove the skin and start cooking. I have been on a lot of boats and these guys did the filleting the best for me. OH my hamburger gets a 10 also the cook did a great job also.
    Big boat, clean and comfortable and I will fish the El Dorado again. Go for it at Long Beach Sport Fishing (562) 432-8993.
    TL's
    jig-guy / Bill

Thanks for the report Bill, always hear good reports about the Eldo.
    DR

Yup,that's a cool boat,been awhile since I fished her,always good times,thanks!

Cya Tuna Vic

I decked on that boat for a few years out of 22 st. and H&M in 97 for the el nino.
    I love that boat!

TJ runs a Great Operation and Brian kills it in the Galley. My favorite Boat to Fish for sure.

what did they charge to fillet a fish? I went on the So. Cal in Sept. and they were charging $2 to fillet a 12 inch rockfish.

Hi stickboy, ? how much did they ( El Dorado Crew) charge to fillet my fish? At the end of the trip I paid my tab of $23.00. I had a cheese burger, 1 Bud light beer, 2 waters and they filleted 6 nice size rock fish. The smallest over 2 pound and the largest that I caught on one of my 6 oz. spire point glow jigs around 5 pound or more. I did not pay attention to what I paid for these purchases. All of my fish were 15 inches or better. My fish were filleted bitchen (GREAT) and when I got home it took me 5 minutes to cut the 1/2 inch area to remove the skin. So if I paid $2.00 a fillet I think it was worth it to me. Heck I live up in Hesperia Ca by Victorville and it is a 200 mile round trip just to get to the boat. My Car cost close &20,000.00 and the insurance + the fuel to get to the landing and back home.
    The close! The money I spend to fish is worth it to me. I do not want to drive home 100 miles and have to clean fish.
    TL's
    jig-guy / Bill

My trip on the El Dorado to San Nicolas Island was worth the money and I will go again.
    Last edited by Jig-Guy; 01-06-2015 at 11:08 PM. Reason: Math

Stickboy! follow up 6 fish filleted = 12 fillets. I think they charged me $1.00 per fillet, good deal.
    jig-guy / Bill